Footy shirt thread 24/25

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Reesh said:

Dundee 20240604_175416.thumb.jpg.3253d99517d53dec264cf30b91e52bc7.jpg

He's got that "Everton" Hair Nose and ears combo.

Know what I mean.

Some people you look at them and they can only ever be an Everton fan. 

Antony Gordon

Edited by Andyben
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

I’ve heard a rumour we’re going late 80’s pinstripes 

2 hours ago, Theman said:

Wouldn’t mind something like Porto’s, but big no to the worst home kit ever, late 80’s pinstripe's with white shorts, awful 👍

I've just dug out my FMC replica in anticipation. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

I don’t like the pinstripe kits we’ve had, particularly that one at the end of the 80s. The one in 2017 was tolerable.

Nobody liked the 87/88 home shirt and the 'Celtic' away when they first came out or that away kit that was silver and purple but they've become the shirts commanding the biggest fees on eBay and they were FMC's biggest sellers 

Edited by Tylluan
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Nobody liked the 87/88 home shirt and the 'Celtic' away when they first came out or that away kit that was silver and purple but they've become the shirts commanding the biggest fees on eBay and they were FMC's biggest sellers 

I didn’t mind the Celtic one, I hated the home one. 
I gave both away when I got the subsequent shirts 

3 hours ago, TheExile said:

Like the Hummel shirts.

If we go pinstripes it’ll pretty much just look like a white shirt from distance 

Don't want the opposite either, though: that dreadful 3-stripe thing when Frankie Simek played. 

With shirts being every year, we should do the classic 5 stripe generic home shirt every other season then push the boat out with the others.

You'll get some bad ones, but you'll also get some classics that'll be worn for years.

And offer them without sponsors.

2 hours ago, Tewksbury said:

With shirts being every year, we should do the classic 5 stripe generic home shirt every other season then push the boat out with the others.

You'll get some bad ones, but you'll also get some classics that'll be worn for years.

And offer them without sponsors.

Why though? 

Last season's shirt showed you could have variation without deviating from tradition. 

I get changing the shirt is a revenue generator but so is brand image. Keep the traditional 5 stripes, blue middle stripe and mess around with the collar or sleeve cuff colours.  You can have nods to the past by replicating the 84 v neck or the squiggle in the blue stripes on the 90 shirt. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Why though? 

Last season's shirt showed you could have variation without deviating from tradition. 

I get changing the shirt is a revenue generator but so is brand image. Keep the traditional 5 stripes, blue middle stripe and mess around with the collar or sleeve cuff colours.  You can have nods to the past by replicating the 84 v neck or the squiggle in the blue stripes on the 90 shirt. 

Because they're bland, generic and forgettable. There's only so much you can do.

If I'm paying £65 for a shirt, I want one that'll last past the current season and the only ones that do are the ones that have something different.

The top selling retro kits and the highest priced second hand ones are the ones where we did something different.

Have the 5 stripe (with black shorts) every other season to keep it as the 'default' kit then push the boat out on odd years, pinstripes, 3 stripe, the anniversary kit, blue or white shorts, stuff like that.

For the purists, they only have to wait a year to get the 5 stripe back and they've all got a cupboard full of boring 5 stripe kits anyway, so they'll be fine, safe in the knowledge that there will be one for then next year.

Everybody wins.