Footy shirt thread 24/25

54 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Prefer a thicker stripe but not going to get arsed about it.  Full kit looks nice.

It's on a Far East purchasing site already.

Link? Pm obviously 

Ta

Edited by Reesh

There's a lot of stuff on various social media about the Asian sellers with the England shirts.

Nike have come out and said they've lost £6.5m due to people spending £2m on knockoff shirts, but there's a lot of pushback with people saying that they've lost very little as those buyers were never going to buy one anyway and would have got one of the 'fan' shirts that get put out, if anything.

59 minutes ago, Tewksbury said:

There's a lot of stuff on various social media about the Asian sellers with the England shirts.

Nike have come out and said they've lost £6.5m due to people spending £2m on knockoff shirts, but there's a lot of pushback with people saying that they've lost very little as those buyers were never going to buy one anyway and would have got one of the 'fan' shirts that get put out, if anything.

How do you lose £6.5m because of £2m lost sales?

2 minutes ago, Skamp said:

How do you lose £6.5m because of £2m lost sales?

2m on Knockoffs would be about 100k+ sales, Nike are charging about £90 per shirt so I expect they're going off 9m in sales 6.5m profit.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tewksbury said:

2m on Knockoffs would be about 100k+ sales, Nike are charging about £90 per shirt so I expect they're going off 9m in sales 6.5m profit.

Aye. Not really given it too much thought after too many beers in the afternoon sun.

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

Fantastic as has been said to have behind the scenes staff promote, the Wawaw is also a nice touch. As for the shirt, initially I was a bit meh about it but it's growing on me, it has a vintage look about it, the black shorts and socks brings it together I feel.

It will look great next spring celebrating promotion 

UTO

13 hours ago, Tewksbury said:

I fall into that category.  I've purchased a few shirts for me and the kids through alternate sellers / sites but in reality would have purchased none of them if only available at the full retail price.  

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

I fall into that category.  I've purchased a few shirts for me and the kids through alternate sellers / sites but in reality would have purchased none of them if only available at the full retail price.  

I fall into the buy official in adult sizes, they last a while and sort of hold their value but there'd no way I'm paying that for a young child's kit that they'll wear and/or destroy after 5 minutes.

My youngest has about a half dozen kits from there, no particular team, she just picks ones that she likes the look of, that we use for pajamas or knocking about in the house/garden, things that I'd never let her do in a £50 shirt.

13 hours ago, Alan Finney said:

I was with @LiamOwl previously as I thought the blue looked too light. I'd prefer the stripes to be a bit more equal in width although I can live with that.

Not sure about the colour though now, on some pics it looks more like what it should be.

Screenshot 2024-06-23 at 20.00.42.png

Screenshot 2024-06-23 at 23.49.55.png

The blue in this photo looks much better than the previous one put up 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Seen a few pics knocking about on social media today, the blue is more like the colour we're used to (like those in the linked pics above) rather than looking like a narrowly striped Huddersfield shirt.

Seen my first 'live' view of the shirt earlier, it is darker than it looked initially. I like it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Reesh said:

Seen my first 'live' view of the shirt earlier, it is darker than it looked initially. I like it.

That’s good to hear. From the pics above the blue looks more like what we are used to and most of us prefer.

It’s growing on me as well now, after initially not really liking it.

And if we win lots of games wearing it I’ll love it, just as I will think it’s a shile of pite if we lose a lot wearing it. 

Not sure I’ll be spending £69 on it, but good income for the club from those who do. 

Don't forget though, for those who criticise DC for not putting his money into the club...  Remember, he can't just put it in.

I DO think it's too expensive, it shouldn't be no more than £50 I'd say.. 

Will I get one? Maybe. It's a bit of a tradition of me and the lad having them to wear to games. But I understand those who can't / won't get it due to costs. BUT...

Getting a 'hooky' special Wednesday shirt from the Far East or wherever and not the club..... The club aren't making the money from shirt sales, which affects the balance sheet and transfer budgets etc...  

• Like 1

I don’t mind £69 for an adult shirt, it’s the kids shirt prices that rankle a bit. I’m sure if they did some family deals - say £100 for adult and child for example - it would go down really well. Make it for members and ST holders and you might even make some money out of it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1