Footy shirt thread 24/25

39 minutes ago, Alan Finney said:

Must admit that I didn't notice this today but I didn't know the game was on until reading OO and only caught the last 5 minutes. Anyway, someone's not happy.

Screenshot 2024-07-06 at 20.08.49.png

Chansiri Out! 

• Haha 1

I’ve known Geoff for a LONG time. We met through OO, I took on OO from him. 

I don’t always agree with how he goes about the stuff he says, or what he says. But he’ll always love Wednesday, and I’m not a worse person for knowing him. 

• Like 1

On the numbers, the club is acting within UEFA regulations. 

Article 54 measurement of colour contrast. As our shirt is classed as striped then the number colour has to be be a different shade to the blue in the stripe. That's why we've had red numbers in the past even though they've been in a white square. 

The only shirts that get away with it are black and white stripes as black is considered a block colour 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Just seen this but Self Esteem has designed a football shirt, based loosely on England's Italia 90 design. 

It's to highlight the increase in domestic violence reports after England lose in tournaments and all proceeds will go to abuse charities. 

It's already sold out. 

https://art-of-football.com/products/universal-self-esteem-shirt-1

Very very loosely.  It's dark blue / black !

On 06/07/2024 at 20:15, Alan Finney said:

Must admit that I didn't notice this today but I didn't know the game was on until reading OO and only caught the last 5 minutes. Anyway, someone's not happy.

Screenshot 2024-07-06 at 20.08.49.png

Good job geoff wasn't around In 1979 when we beat the pigs 4-0 in one of our most iconic results with red numbers on the back, the thick prick.

Someone just posted this on FB

"I just want to say what a great experience I had with the megastore yesterday.

I traveled back home from the south and due to roadworks, and a couple of accidents I wasn’t going to make it back to Hillsborough until 17:05. I really wanted this beauty of an away shirt to take on holiday with me, and this was really the last time I’d have chance to get it.

I called the megastore and explained the situation and a lovely lady called Gaynor allowed me to pay for the shirt over the phone, and then took 5 minutes out of her own time to wait for me to arrive.

For me this is a true embodiment of We’re All Wednesday Aren’t We!!!

Thank you again to Gaynor and the rest of the team."

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Skamp said:

Someone just posted this on FB

"I just want to say what a great experience I had with the megastore yesterday.

I traveled back home from the south and due to roadworks, and a couple of accidents I wasn’t going to make it back to Hillsborough until 17:05. I really wanted this beauty of an away shirt to take on holiday with me, and this was really the last time I’d have chance to get it.

I called the megastore and explained the situation and a lovely lady called Gaynor allowed me to pay for the shirt over the phone, and then took 5 minutes out of her own time to wait for me to arrive.

For me this is a true embodiment of We’re All Wednesday Aren’t We!!!

Thank you again to Gaynor and the rest of the team."

If she's the one that was in the kit launch video (not too tall, blonde hair) she's lovely. Arranged for one of the security guards to let me take my lad to the loo next to the kop when we were in there the other day.

@HappyOwl

Toby Tyke has been their mascot for decades. They used to bring a bulldog onto the pitch in the 50s I believe. 

That cartoon version of him has been around for almost as long and there was a debate in the 2000s whether to change the badge to him or keep the town crest. 

The pink kit has been designed by one of their directors who owns a global fashion chain out of New York. Her brand also designed AC Milan's Champions League walk out jacket last season and put together stage costumes for Rihanna, Cardi B and a few more. 

I think it's raising money for women's charities and the kit has already been modelled on New York catwalks 

Edited by Tylluan
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Her brand also designed AC Milan's Champions League walk out jacket last season

Not quite true.

She's worked with Off White which when Virgil Abloahwas still alive do the  Milan walk out jackets a few seasons ago.

40 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

@HappyOwl

Toby Tyke has been their mascot for decades. They used to bring a bulldog onto the pitch in the 50s I believe. 

That cartoon version of him has been around for almost as long and there was a debate in the 2000s whether to change the badge to him or keep the town crest. 

The pink kit has been designed by one of their directors who owns a global fashion chain out of New York. Her brand also designed AC Milan's Champions League walk out jacket last season and put together stage costumes for Rihanna, Cardi B and a few more. 

I think it's raising money for women's charities and the kit has already been modelled on New York catwalks 

Good that they're raising money for charity. But it's BLOODY AWFUL. 

1 hour ago, Tylluan said:

@HappyOwl

It’s still wank 

• Haha 1