Liam Palmer awarded a testimonial

• 4 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Reesh said:

I'd rather shit in my hands and clap than pay good money for towards that wage thiefs testimonial.

The only reason this home friendly has been designated as the testimonial is because people will be going anyway, it's nothing to do with Palmer, no fucker would have gone like when Hirst had his for example which was well attended 

Anybody know if it's going to be streamed?

The young un's been to a few non league games now and she wants to go to one where she'll be on TV.

There's no chance of her sitting through a normal game so a relatively quiet North Stand could be perfect.

13 hours ago, holmesfield_owl said:

no fucker would have gone like when Hirst had his for example which was well attended

Remember Ian Wright giving his shirt to a kid as he was subbed and then being sent to get it back as they were being auctioned off

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Remember Ian Wright giving his shirt to a kid as he was subbed and then being sent to get it back as they were being auctioned off

Or the little lads who hold up a banner saying can i have your shirt, been given it and 30 minutes later Dad is selling it on Ebay 

9 hours ago, Tylluan said:

There's a well known seller who sends kids to games with shirts to try and get them autographed. He's like fucking Fagin and not just at Hillsborough. 

Some of those autograph ‘hunters’ are right belters. 

On 29/07/2024 at 19:31, Reesh said:

Well you've a lot in common, neither of you are from Sheffield.

Rotherham is just a suburb of Sheffield. 😁 

And anyway born right down bottom of West Hill estate next to M1 which is about 150 yard from Sheffield/Rotherham border. 😎

2 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Rotherham is just a suburb of Sheffield. 😁 

And anyway born right down bottom of West Hill estate next to M1 which is about 150 yard from Sheffield/Rotherham border. 😎

So not Sheffield...... 

• Haha 1

Just now, Reesh said:

So not Sheffield...... 

Blame my Mum and Dad god bless them, they were Sheffielders but moved to Rotherham after they got married because houses were cheaper than in Sheffield. 

1 minute ago, bradowl said:

Blame my Mum and Dad god bless them, they were Sheffielders but moved to Rotherham after they got married because houses were cheaper than in Sheffield. 

Don't try putting the sob story out on here.....

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Born in Jessops me sunshine.....not Rampton like thee

Didn't realise they had cameras there back then, let alone a shop selling them

Nether Edge mesen

Edited by Andyben
  • Haha 1

I bought our three tickets online earlier today. Oddly, at no time did I have an option to choose to print the tickets at home, (or any option.) Normally you have to pay extra if you want to have them posted but there was no way offered to express a choice of any method. Suddenly I was at the confirmation page and that was it!  Wtf?

So how the heck do we now get our tickets?  I've had the email confirmation but there's no attachments to print off. The whole Idea of buying online and printing at home was 'cos I can't get down before the game.  And they're warning us against major queues of people buying and collecting tickets pre-game.

I tried to ring the ticket office number I have from ages ago, option one: straight to jazz music with no announcements at all.  No chance.

Anyone else hit these problems?

1 hour ago, Reesh said:

Fred, I've just logged in and attempted to buy to check for you and it offered me digital tickets to my phone.

Thanks, Reesh. I just don't get it.  I checked it myself by buying a mate a ticket for Plymouth: that was exactly the same. No mention of method of obtaining at any stage!  And everything else worked: I've got the email confirmations.  

Btw, I didn't use a phone, I used my P.C.   Surely that wouldn't cause this difference.

• Like 1

@reesh any idea if they will bring many?

and I was born in Jessops parents both Sheffielders but lived another 150 m further up the hill from west hill but then went to Blackburn School which is a motorway subway length away from Sheffield so what does that make me?

Ive got a tenner riding on the answer I think you are going to give for the second question 🤣🤣

1 hour ago, HappyOwl said:

then went to Blackburn School which is a motorway subway length away from Sheffield so what does that make me?

Rotherham Owl mate. Better than being from South Barnsley 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, HappyOwl said:

and I was born in Jessops parents both Sheffielders but lived another 150 m further up the hill from west hill but then went to Blackburn School which is a motorway subway length away from Sheffield so what does that make me?

Ive got a tenner riding on the answer I think you are going to give for the second question 🤣🤣

I went to Blackburn school, I played football for school so now tell people I used to play for Blackburn. 😁 

I later went to Kimberworth school and was in same year as goalkeeping legend David Seaman. 😎

3 hours ago, HappyOwl said:

Sheffielder.

Can't see them bringing many if any, fans in Spain don't tend to travel outside the big clubs.

• Thanks 1