Liam Palmer awarded a testimonial

12 hours ago, Reesh said:

Sheffielder.

Can't see them bringing many if any, fans in Spain don't tend to travel outside the big clubs.

I’ve lost the bet then my thought only had four letters 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Just got back from Spain myself not going this afternoon though knackering setting off at 2 in the morning.

Have a good one everyone that’s going and keep us informed of how the pitch looks please 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

Gutted that I can’t make it today, but …. time with the family together is priceless… so I’m going for the latter…

At the local beer and music festival 🤣

If a stream appears I’ll watch it on my phone while trying another of the 30 ales on offer 🤣

18 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Thanks, Reesh. I just don't get it.  I checked it myself by buying a mate a ticket for Plymouth: that was exactly the same. No mention of method of obtaining at any stage!  And everything else worked: I've got the email confirmations.  

Btw, I didn't use a phone, I used my P.C.   Surely that wouldn't cause this difference.

I came down to S6 earlier today - no queue in the ticket office at 10 a.m! - and they sorted it without knowing what it was that had gone wrong yesterday.  Just printed the three for today and one for a mate next week out for me.

Will be interesting if I can print at home when the away tickets become available!   

• Like 2

10,300 attendance, good turnout for Palmer. 

Most testimonials end about 5-5 but this along with Richard Wood's at Rotherham V Doncaster both end 0-0. 🙄

I thought we played some nice football but until second half didn't create much, they created even less apart from shot that hit post and the save Beadle made towards end. 

Defensively we looked solid, Iorfa and Famewo looked excellent at back. 

Apparently Leganes are known in Spain for their 0-0 draws, they even drew 0-0 with Burnley in week. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bradowl said:

10,300 attendance, good turnout for Palmer. 

Most testimonials end about 5-5 but this along with Richard Wood's at Rotherham V Doncaster both end 0-0. 🙄

I thought we played some nice football but until second half didn't create much, they created even less apart from shot that hit post and the save Beadle made towards end. 

Defensively we looked solid, Iorfa and Famewo looked excellent at back. 

Apparently Leganes are known in Spain for their 0-0 draws, they even drew 0-0 with Burnley in week. 

Pretty much how I saw it too. Famewo and Iorfa sound as you say. Some want Famewo out but on the left of a CB pairing he's tidy. Strong, quick enough and OK with the ball. Baz played really well too. Lowe and Valery decent too, nothing flash but comfortable with the ball. 

Our short passing and movement much improved which hopefully will be maintained  when the real stuff starts.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Pretty much how I saw it too. Famewo and Iorfa sound as you say. Some want Famewo out but on the left of a CB pairing he's tidy. Strong, quick enough and OK with the ball. Baz played really well too. Lowe and Valery decent too, nothing flash but comfortable with the ball. 

Our short passing and movement much improved which hopefully will be maintained  when the real stuff starts.

Famewo was MOM for me today. Won every header and looked strong, quick and composed when on the ball. Difficult to gauge as the opposition was a total unknown but he'd be starting next week if playing 2 centre backs.

• Like 2

Thought the Lowes and Valery were decent. Max Lowe good in the air too. Windass was awful. Baz looked good, I think the players missing were the big indicator, Valentin, Bernard, Chalobah, inglesson, interesting to see starting line up vs Plymouth 👍

23 minutes ago, Reesh said:

She played for them....

That's a job.  I've forgotten the name of the Owl who played for them for much of his career, then joined us towards the end of his career, got injured so retired to save us money.  (A bald midfielder, Chris ?)  

1 minute ago, Owling_Wolf said:

That's a job.  I've forgotten the name of the Owl who played for them for much of his career, then joined us towards the end of his career, got injured so retired to save us money.  (A bald midfielder, Chris ?)  

Marsden ? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Reesh said:

She played for them....

Looks like she didn't, pal.  Just looked her Wiki up. As a kiddie she was at Killamarsh Dynamos and was scouted for United's academy.  At 16 she left and signed for Donny Belles.  If she represented them at kids ages, there's nothing shown on that site and who would care about that anyway?  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Looks like she didn't, pal.  Just looked her Wiki up. As a kiddie she was at Killamarsh Dynamos and was scouted for United's academy.  At 16 she left and signed for Donny Belles.  If she represented them at kids ages, there's nothing shown on that site and who would care about that anyway?  

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/people/millie-bright-great-pictures-ex-sheffield-united-star-now-england-skipper-before-she-was-famous-4212629

3 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

That's a classic Stir-Pigs love in headline. 

Quite. No pictures at all to support their apparently totally erroneous headline.  

I bet they got it from United's 'Honours Board'!  

🤣

Edited by Owling_Wolf