HMS Piss The League - 2024/25

Few more in the spine and we've cracked it.

Interestingly, Bet365 wouldn't give me a price for SWFC to finish the season higher than both SUFC & LUFC - now whether that's due to worries about points deductions or something else, who knows.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Andyben said:

Few more in the spine and we've cracked it.

Interestingly, Bet365 wouldn't give me a price for SWFC to finish the season higher than both SUFC & LUFC - now whether that's due to worries about points deductions or something else, who knows.

Reporting for duty Captain!

I’m normally as cautious as Gareth Southgate when he’s trying to pick a team, but fuck it - this is the year.

I keep thinking about that interview with Röhl at the weekend. For all his qualities, he would be a terrible poker player and to see someone with the standards that he has, looking that relaxed and confident, tells me all I need to know. 

We’re going to have 90% of our squad in for a full pre-season and we’ve seen the magic that Röhl can work in an international break. The Euros is giving us a timely reminder that having a plan and a well organised side counts for a lot, regardless of the opposition. Röhl has a plan for everything, our squad will be fit, well drilled and ready. I think we’ll be a nightmare to play against. 

Yes, a 65-point uneventful season will be progress and it’s all that reasonably should be expected after the turmoil of the past year, but we have a manager who, I believe will one day have a trophy cabinet to rival anyone’s, and he seems to be getting exactly what he wants. 

The Championship is going to be a weaker league next season and I think it’s there for the taking. I’d be ok with a boring season where we’re never close to a dotted line, but I’m saying it now, we’re going up. 

• Like 1

The amount of positivity, and rightly so IMO, at the moment is fantastic isn't it. Of course the proof will ultimately come for some in the results but some of the signings on and off the pitch seem to have a real purpose and feel of forward momentum. 

It's a welcome change after a few summers seemingly of hiccups, false starts, etc etc. 

Fair play to all involved... Can't chuffing wait for it to start now.

• Like 3

The fact that The 1867 Group and many other DC critics have disappeared into the woodwork (for now) says it all - and those that are stupid enough to stir the pot on social media are quite rightly being shot down by the majority.

MASSIVE reasons to be positive for the coming season, even though this is SWFC we’re talking about, where if it can go wrong, it usually does - but not this time.

Bring it on, I can’t wait! 

35 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

The fact that The 1867 Group and many other DC critics have disappeared into the woodwork (for now) says it all - and those that are stupid enough to stir the pot on social media are quite rightly being shot down by the majority.

MASSIVE reasons to be positive for the coming season, even though this is SWFC we’re talking about, where if it can go wrong, it usually does - but not this time.

Bring it on, I can’t wait! 

The question is that just for now ? These things are always dependent on the performances on the pitch. 

The question I continue to ask of 1867 et al is what is the alternative. Is there any guarantee that anyone other than Chansiri would be better.

At the same time the silence from Chansiri is reassuringly good. We don't need to hear from him, it's so much better if he quietly gets on with the tasks, listens to Rohl on what is needed

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Gamblor said:

I’m normally as cautious as Gareth Southgate when he’s trying to pick a team, but fuck it - this is the year.

I keep thinking about that interview with Röhl at the weekend. For all his qualities, he would be a terrible poker player and to see someone with the standards that he has, looking that relaxed and confident, tells me all I need to know. 

We’re going to have 90% of our squad in for a full pre-season and we’ve seen the magic that Röhl can work in an international break. The Euros is giving us a timely reminder that having a plan and a well organised side counts for a lot, regardless of the opposition. Röhl has a plan for everything, our squad will be fit, well drilled and ready. I think we’ll be a nightmare to play against. 

Yes, a 65-point uneventful season will be progress and it’s all that reasonably should be expected after the turmoil of the past year, but we have a manager who, I believe will one day have a trophy cabinet to rival anyone’s, and he seems to be getting exactly what he wants. 

The Championship is going to be a weaker league next season and I think it’s there for the taking. I’d be ok with a boring season where we’re never close to a dotted line, but I’m saying it now, we’re going up. 

Re. 2nd. para above:  He's been like that since signing our new coach, Fraülein Aluko.