Can I just say a word on

The changes at club.

Since the Röhlvultion started it seems that DC has begun to act like a much more progressive chairman with changes implemented both on and off the pitch.

The clubs in house media team are producing excellent content and the external media are taking note as shown by Danny's involvement on ITV during the Euros.

Long may it continue.

Edited by Reesh
  • Like 18

5 minutes ago, Alan Finney said:

I'd agree with most of it but would suggest the Portmanteau (or blend word) needs a bit of work.

How does fuck off sound you boring **** 

• Haha 1

There certainly seems to have been a change in strategy and appetite again since switching from Xisco to Rohl. I’m intrigued as to whether there are some new ideas behind the scenes, or whether DC has just thought he wants to get back to the 2015 level of quality one last time rather than sell, or perhaps wants to prove people wrong. Maybe all three.

Either way it’s welcome I just hope we are not going to lose control of any P&S strategy this time. The investment in a couple of young saleable assets already helps with that 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Billysboy said:

I think trust is a big thing with DC, and maybe needs a friendship, for want of a better word, than just an employee, hopefully  got that with DR.

I was thinking about this the other day, and YES I KNOW, Carlos fucked up. But the last time DC appeared to connect with a manager, he really backed him. Now, I know again, the caveat is it ended in tears there. But, the difference this time, seems to be not only do DR and DC APPEAR to get on, also DC MAYBE sees that DR's team is entertaining the fans, and people are going to games and leaving him alone... But also, DR is able to articulate his wants, in a way that isn't teddy chucking. 

Or it's just all bollocks .....

Either way, I'm in for the chuffing ride.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

I was thinking about this the other day, and YES I KNOW, Carlos fucked up. But the last time DC appeared to connect with a manager, he really backed him. Now, I know again, the caveat is it ended in tears there. But, the difference this time, seems to be not only do DR and DC APPEAR to get on, also DC MAYBE sees that DR's team is entertaining the fans, and people are going to games and leaving him alone... But also, DR is able to articulate his wants, in a way that isn't teddy chucking. 

Me too. Bring it on.

On 12/07/2024 at 22:07, Billysboy said:

I think trust is a big thing with DC, and maybe needs a friendship, for want of a better word, than just an employee, hopefully  got that with DR.

I think that, in the main, Chansiri has always had the best of intentions for Wednesday, but he doesn’t have the skill set to run a football club at the level he (and we) would like. So initially he formed a committee of experts. Good move, I thought, but it didn’t last because Chansiri got a friend.

It seemed to me that Chansiri’s friend took advantage. A fool and his money is easy parted. The club, and Chansiri personally, suffered as a result.

It’s not just having a friend, but having a friend that is trustworthy. I think DC thought DM was that person, they seemed to get on well, but his salary demands dispelled that idea. DR may be the man, especially if Chansiri sees his “demands” less personal gain (salary) and more to the benefit of the club (training facilities, back room staff). The problem will be how does Chansiri replace Danny Rohl in 12/24 months time and how does he prepare for it.

51 minutes ago, M42Owl said:

I think that, in the main, Chansiri has always had the best of intentions for Wednesday, but he doesn’t have the skill set to run a football club at the level he (and we) would like. So initially he formed a committee of experts. Good move, I thought, but it didn’t last because Chansiri got a friend.

It seemed to me that Chansiri’s friend took advantage. A fool and his money is easy parted. The club, and Chansiri personally, suffered as a result.

It’s not just having a friend, but having a friend that is trustworthy. I think DC thought DM was that person, they seemed to get on well, but his salary demands dispelled that idea. DR may be the man, especially if Chansiri sees his “demands” less personal gain (salary) and more to the benefit of the club (training facilities, back room staff). The problem will be how does Chansiri replace Danny Rohl in 12/24 months time and how does he prepare for it.

The issue was more that Adam Pearson got offered another job early on in the committee phase which saw it disintegrate.

14 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

The obvious sound of the fans backing DR on most occasions will have seemed extremely agreeable to DC, compared to the alternative chanting he'll also have heard. 

• Like 1

If you zoom out and strip away the silly PR and headline gaff statements - it's been an upward trajectory ever since relegation in 2021.

Finances, playing squad, managerial team, attendances, players with resale value - all improved.

Hopefully we can add infrastructure to that list soon too.

Edited by nickswfc
  • Like 3

What is also needed is some level headed thinking for the season ahead.

Even with the squad additions, even with Rohl then finishing 10th would be a good outcome. Chansiri needs to accept that as much as the fan base do. 

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, that is realism not pessimism. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, mkowl said:

What is also needed is some level headed thinking for the season ahead.

Even with the squad additions, even with Rohl then finishing 10th would be a good outcome. Chansiri needs to accept that as much as the fan base do. 

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, that is realism not pessimism. 

I'd happily take top 10 this season, all about building momentum.

4 hours ago, Skamp said:

So basically, you're a HMS PissTheLeague denier

I think it's fair to conclude over my half century of watching the club expecting the worse and us overachieving is a better approach to follow.

Not sure we have ever pissed any league in that time either, played well and stumbled over the line eventually I agree does not have the same ring 

21 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Could we compromise on HMS PaddleTheLeague?   

I guess though ironic how many times we have been up shit creek without one.

Anyway I am just thinking Chansiri should invite the 1867 Group around for a nice cup of tea, resolve their differences once and for all 

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

Anyway I am just thinking Chansiri should invite the 1867 Group around for a nice cup of tea, resolve their differences once and for all 

Yes... I hear there's a russian brand of tea you can obtain that goes down particularly well in Salisbury

9 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Yes... I hear there's a russian brand of tea you can obtain that goes down particularly well in Salisbury

I hear drinking it out of a pink boot whilst wearing a full kit enhances the experience 

2 hours ago, mkowl said:

Unless he makes the season tickets 2 quid each,  with a free home and away shirt thrown in, then gives them a place on the board, that ain't happening any time soon. 

3 hours ago, mkowl said:

To be fair, there's plenty of tea in the cafe where they meet up.

Screenshot_20240717_095604_Chrome.jpg

I agree that without addressing cb cm and cf then 10th would be really good for this squad. What I think the reality will be though is that the gap between bottom and top six will only be a few points so 10th can feel amazing if you’ve underperformed but frustrating if we feel we could have snuck into 6th. We would have to be really consistent but by the end of last season we were playing some really good football.