The 24/25 Squad

Granted there gonna be a few incoming and leavers between now and the end of the window but as stand :

GOALKEEPERS

Beadle

Hamer

Charles  

Hall 

DEFENDERS

RB - Valery/Valentin

LB - M Lowe/Johnson

CB - Bernard, Iorfa, Ihiekwe, Diaby, Famewo

MIDFIELDERS

RW - Musaba/Pato

LW - Kobacki/Gassama

CM - Bannan, Chalobah, Ingelsson, Palmer

ATTACKERS

Windass, Smith, Wilks, J Lowe, McNeill, Cadamateri

Not mention the other young uns who Rohl has called up to train with the mens side

Edited by Reesh
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Beaconowl said:

Good post, thanks. 

I read a post on Facebook this morning, on one of the SWFC groups I follow, that "the Owls squad is in a shambolic mess". What fucking planet do these people live on?

They've landed in Germany...

Danny has left an open bar for them. 

Gooooo onnnn

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Beaconowl said:

Was that written in a Sheffield Star article?

No

The Sheffield star Write up article was...

Sheffield Wednesday arrive in Germany with an underwhelming squad, just as Sheffield United have signed all the superior players for their promotion push. 

1 hour ago, Beaconowl said:

Good post, thanks. 

I read a post on Facebook this morning, on one of the SWFC groups I follow, that "the Owls squad is in a shambolic mess". What fucking planet do these people live on?

The moral of that is to delete said groups from who you follow on Facebook 

You can thank me later 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Reesh said:

Granted there gonna be a few incoming and leavers between now and the end of the window but as stand :

GOALKEEPERS

Beadle

Hamer

Charles  

Hall 

DEFENDERS

RB - Valery/Valentin

LB - M Lowe/Johnson

CB - Bernard, Iorfa, Ihiekwe, Diaby, Famewo

MIDFIELDERS

RW - Musaba/Pato

LW - Kobacki/Gassama

CM - Bannan, Chalobah, Ingelsson, Palmer

ATTACKERS

Windass, Smith, Wilks, J Lowe, McNeill, Cadamateri

Not mention the other young uns who Rohl has called up to train with the mens side

Is Bernard signed up @Reesh

It still wouldn't surprise me if one or two of the more peripheral squad members eg Smith, Wilkes are  encouraged to seek new pastures. I guess it depends on whether Rohl has an eye on other targets, the max size of the squad (which is dependent on which players count).

30 minutes ago, mkowl said:

It still wouldn't surprise me if one or two of the more peripheral squad members eg Smith, Wilkes are  encouraged to seek new pastures. I guess it depends on whether Rohl has an eye on other targets, the max size of the squad (which is dependent on which players count).

It would surprise me if you could spell Wilks name correctly.

I'm expecting 4/5 more in and similar number of outs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reesh said:

It would surprise me if you could spell Wilks name correctly.

I'm expecting 4/5 more in and similar number of outs.

Now now Amos 

Everyone knows E's are good 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

With the large player turn over this summer, I thought I’d keep tabs on ins and outs to see whether the team/squad is improving.

Now that 6 of the 7 contract renewals are re-signed, plus Beadle, we are “down” 11 players compared to those available in May. But we are “up” 8. I believe that all the U21s that made an appearance are still at the club.

I’ve cross matched the ins to the outs and whilst I think we need an upgrade at centre defence, another defensive centre mid, and Ugbo back, as things stand today, I think we are already in a better position than at the end of the season.

1. Dawson……………………………..Hamer 
  2. Pedersen ……………………………Valery
  3. James ………………………………Max Lowe
  4. Delgado …………………………….Kobacki
  5. Vaulks ………………………….…..
  6. M Diaby ………………………….…Chalobah
  7. Hendrick ……………………………Inglesson
  8. Poveda …………………………….Jamal Lowe
  9. Fletcher ……………………………McNeil
  10. Ugbo ………………………………….
  11. Gregory ……………………………..
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

29 minutes ago, M42Owl said:

With the large player turn over this summer, I thought I’d keep tabs on ins and outs to see whether the team/squad is improving.

Now that 6 of the 7 contract renewals are re-signed, plus Beadle, we are “down” 11 players compared to those available in May. But we are “up” 8. I believe that all the U21s that made an appearance are still at the club.

I’ve cross matched the ins to the outs and whilst I think we need an upgrade at centre defence, another defensive centre mid, and Ugbo back, as things stand today, I think we are already in a better position than at the end of the season.

5. Vaulks ………………………….…..
  10. Ugbo ………………………………….

On paper that looks a whole lot stronger everywhere

Gregory rarely featured in any event - Poveda showed glimpses until injury and that is important. You can have all the talent but its no use in the treatment room 

2 hours ago, mkowl said:

On paper that looks a whole lot stronger everywhere

Gregory rarely featured in any event - Poveda showed glimpses until injury and that is important. You can have all the talent but its no use in the treatment room 

We've had far far too many of those over the years MK

3 hours ago, M42Owl said:

5. Vaulks ………………………….…..
  10. Ugbo ………………………………….

You could add Byers and Bakinson to that list.

2 hours ago, OptimisticOwl said:

You could add Byers and Bakinson to that list.

They left in January. If I add them, then for consistency, I should delete Beadle, Poveda and Ugbo.

I wanted to compare the team now with that at the end of the season. Have we improved on the team that finished the season in near play off form?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, M42Owl said:

They left in January. If I add them, then for consistency, I should delete Beadle, Poveda and Ugbo.

I wanted to compare the team now with that at the end of the season. Have we improved on the team that finished the season in near play off form?

Tbf Bakinson should never been on the list in the first place 

It’s looking really good, 

Think the really exciting thing for me is how the young players from last year come on.
Musaba and Gassama have their feet under the table in terms of championship football now. And BTC too, after a really impressive first season in senior football. 

Can’t wait to see how they develop under Rohl. 

• Like 1