What the fuck is wrong with Owlstalk?

I’ve been a longtime lurker, occasional poster on here for over 20 years. 

In all that time I’ve seen plenty of people deriding the state of the ‘other place’, and generally assumed it was superlative, tribal-ish tongue in cheek stuff. I apologise for my ignorance. 

In the last couple of weeks, having deleted Twitter, i ventured onto there to look for transfer rumours. 

I profoundly regret it. 

The sheer volume of moronic shite that is constantly being spewed by idiots who allegedly ‘support’ the same club as me is honestly more disheartening than any defeat could ever be.

Yes there are some salient posters on there but they are few and far between, and they are drowned in the absolute swill that seems to pass for discourse over there. 

I don’t really know what this thread is for other than to say - I’m so grateful that this forum exists. Thank you for being an alternative.

• Like 12

There's some reight drama queens on that forum, every time we lose a couple of games same posters pop up saying they have been watching us donkeys years and this is worse team they have ever seen. 

I'm banned from it till December for questioning 1867 group, I won't be returning, Hargreaves can stick it where sun doesn't shine. 

• Like 5

I'm also banned which is a relief.

There is a clique of posters on owlstalk who basically try to bully posters into their narrative.

The owner being the worst by far. I called them out and they altered my posts, deleted some and denied they did it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NomadOwl said:

In all that time I’ve seen plenty of people deriding the state of the ‘other place’, and generally assumed it was superlative, tribal-ish tongue in cheek stuff. I apologise for my ignorance. 

In the last couple of weeks, having deleted Twitter, i ventured onto there to look for transfer rumours. 

I profoundly regret it. 

The sheer volume of moronic shite that is constantly being spewed by idiots who allegedly ‘support’ the same club as me is honestly more disheartening than any defeat could ever be.

Yes there are some salient posters on there but they are few and far between, and they are drowned in the absolute swill that seems to pass for discourse over there. 

I don’t really know what this thread is for other than to say - I’m so grateful that this forum exists. Thank you for being an alternative.

How to say thanks

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bradowl said:

There's some reight drama queens on that forum, every time we lose a couple of games same posters pop up saying they have been watching us donkeys years and this is worse team they have ever seen. 

I'm banned from it till December for questioning 1867 group, I won't be returning, Hargreaves can stick it where sun doesn't shine. 

Without going all new man speak, it is certainly better for your mental well being to be away from that place. Saying that I would delete any Wednesday Facebook pages and indeed when I reset my X account a few months ago decided against following Wednesday fans.

The benefit of this place is you can express any view, as long as its reasonably well argued. People will argue back properly - most the time anyway. 

Yep there are a few long running jokes, eg my disdain for Carlos, that any site has and can take a while to understand. 

To be fair the  post yesterday about Friday being the most embarrassing one poster has ever felt, was widely and correctly ridiculed.

Imo issues are when anything Chansiri/1867group or Politics is discussed.

Edited by nickswfc
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, mkowl said:

Without going all new man speak, it is certainly better for your mental well being to be away from that place. Saying that I would delete any Wednesday Facebook pages and indeed when I reset my X account a few months ago decided against following Wednesday fans.

The benefit of this place is you can express any view, as long as its reasonably well argued. People will argue back properly - most the time anyway. 

Yep there are a few long running jokes, eg my disdain for Carlos, that any site has and can take a while to understand. 

I've unfollowed or left most of them groups, not only is there people posting gonads there's loads of spam and scammers posting on them. 

Soon as someone posts about tickets being sold out for away games along come the scammers commenting that they have bought tickets but unfortunately can't make it now and then asking people to DM them if they want to buy the tickets, these scamming accounts aren't even in UK and are most probably fake accounts. 

One rat commented other day and he was using a photo of me as his profile picture, he soon deleted my photo when I told him I had reported him to facebook police. 🤣 

The facebook account was visible for everyone to see and he had loads of photos of different people that he had used as a profile photo. 

3 minutes ago, bradowl said:

I've unfollowed or left most of them groups, not only is there people posting gonads there's loads of spam and scammers posting on them. 

Soon as someone posts about tickets being sold out for away games along come the scammers commenting that they have bought tickets but unfortunately can't make it now and then asking people to DM them if they want to buy the tickets, these scamming accounts aren't even in UK and are most probably fake accounts. 

One rat commented other day and he was using a photo of me as his profile picture, he soon deleted my photo when I told him I had reported him to facebook police. 🤣 

The facebook account was visible for everyone to see and he had loads of photos of different people that he had used as a profile photo. 

You think?

• Haha 1

On 24/08/2024 at 22:13, madowl said:

There is a clique of posters on owlstalk who basically try to bully posters into their narrative.

The owner being the worst by far. I called them out and they altered my posts, deleted some and denied they did it.

I'm pretty sure the clown has taken over Sheffield Forum as well and ruined that, I've used it for years then got a ban after he allowed someone to edit a post to prove me wrong then denied it (I have screenshots of the edit), absolute shirt front.

1 hour ago, 80s Owl said:

I'm pretty sure the clown has taken over Sheffield Forum as well and ruined that, I've used it for years then got a ban after he allowed someone to edit a post to prove me wrong then denied it (I have screenshots of the edit), absolute shirt front.

Have to agree ,the forum used to great but it is now down to about 6 posters . Nothing of note on it nowadays

The most sinister was when one of his acolytes basically suggested that money WTID collected had been stolen by me. I got an apology of sorts but often regret I didn't pursue legal action fully against that site

47 minutes ago, mkowl said:

The most sinister was when one of his acolytes basically suggested that money WTID collected had been stolen by me. I got an apology of sorts but often regret I didn't pursue legal action fully against that site

Ahh that when you tipped up in the brand new Merc?😂

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lobster said:

Have to agree ,the forum used to great but it is now down to about 6 posters . Nothing of note on it nowadays

Isn't it his brother James behind Sheffield forum, who always seemed to be the reasonable one.

On 24/08/2024 at 19:52, NomadOwl said:

I profoundly regret it. 

Its never been any different, you've all just fallen in the other side of the line recently

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Reesh said:

Isn't it his brother James behind Sheffield forum, who always seemed to be the reasonable one.

Someone took it over around three months ago, the format has become exactly the same as Stalk, he does have similarities but doesn't seem to be as big a bell end (he still is one though, it must run in the family).

• Like 2

On 25/08/2024 at 19:19, nickswfc said:

To be fair the  post yesterday about Friday being the most embarrassing one poster has ever felt, was widely and correctly ridiculed.

Imo issues are when anything Chansiri/1867group or Politics is discussed.

I'm hoping that the site owner is true to his word and that topic is banned in full.

That area was awful to even bother discussing. I still have copies from certain posters there on how lucky I am political wise  and how jealous they were of little New Zealand. I remember how quiet they were on a thread attacking the mortgage increases going on in Blighty yet when I showed them our rates (when at 9 to 10%), well nothing mentioned at all. Shock horror

Edited by Kiwi Owl

7 hours ago, Kiwi Owl said:

I'm hoping that the site owner is true to his word and that topic is banned in full.

That area was awful to even bother discussing. I still have copies from certain posters there on how lucky I am political wise  and how jealous they were of little New Zealand. I remember how quiet they were on a thread attacking the mortgage increases going on in Blighty yet when I showed them our rates (when at 9 to 10%), well nothing mentioned at all. Shock horror

I spent far too long in the Politics section on there. The Brexit years, the early days of covid. My particular fave was when Boris won the 2019 election, the utter dismay was hugely entertaining to observe.

Tbf there were some good posters on there, invariably threads got de-railed when the owner and the acolytes joined in. 

Given I told him to fuck off many a time I am surprised in hindsight how long it took to ban me. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mkowl said:

I spent far too long in the Politics section on there. The Brexit years, the early days of covid. My particular fave was when Boris won the 2019 election, the utter dismay was hugely entertaining to observe.

Tbf there were some good posters on there, invariably threads got de-railed when the owner and the acolytes joined in. 

Given I told him to fuck off many a time I am surprised in hindsight how long it took to ban me. 

I beat him hands down on a thread where he tried to claim fruit pickers were on good wages, to save face he deleted my comments then stopped me from posting on that particular thread, total cock.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, 80s Owl said:

I beat him hands down on a thread where he tried to claim fruit pickers were on good wages, to save face he deleted my comments then stopped me from posting on that particular thread, total cock.

He was like out harassing young girls to be "Owlettes"

59 minutes ago, 80s Owl said:

The site is/was simply bad for my gag reflex.

Edited by Teddy Nickelarse
  • Like 2

On 24/08/2024 at 22:13, madowl said:

On 24/08/2024 at 20:59, bradowl said:

Part timers, I got a lifetime ban, it was originally a 30 day that somehow escalated and became a year. Once the year was up I contacted the admins who claimed I never got 1 year despite me forwarding the original e mail and it became a lifetime ban. 

I was voted king of the joke section (I was Gargoyle), got far more likes than dislikes but the tossers deleted every single post I'd made, and there was a lot of them.

Minton constantly pushed his gay agenda which I railed at and that was enough for the admins.

Its been a relief to be honest, I was treading on eggshells with every post, so they can fook right off, and carry on with their PC bollocks 😉

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, The Sentinel said:

Part timers, I got a lifetime ban, it was originally a 30 day that somehow escalated and became a year. Once the year was up I contacted the admins who claimed I never got 1 year despite me forwarding the original e mail and it became a lifetime ban. 

I was voted king of the joke section (I was Gargoyle), got far more likes than dislikes but the tossers deleted every single post I'd made, and there was a lot of them.

Minton constantly pushed his gay agenda which I railed at and that was enough for the admins.

Its been a relief to be honest, I was treading on eggshells with every post, so they can fook right off, and carry on with their PC bollocks 😉

Fuck em. It's about as PC on here as a KKK convention.

Edited by Reesh
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, The Sentinel said:

I do remember your posts, the jokes in particular. There were some decent posters - the Dressing Room section was actually OK until the leader entered the fray.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I do remember your posts, the jokes in particular. There were some decent posters - the Dressing Room section was actually OK until the leader entered the fray.

Thanks mate, can't disagree at all, once Minton the gay warrior started with his crusade I was always on thin ice.

Maybe we should start a jokes thread on here as a distraction to life?

4 hours ago, The Sentinel said:

I remember that poster was over here doing some filming. Couldn't believe that the country destroyer, sorry I mean 'Dearly Beloved' was severly despised by many New Zealanders. 

Then the post slagging one of our national icons off - The Southern Man (aka Speights marketing character)  

I was so tempted to fire back with the update of that iconic character with the new ads but couldn't be bothered. Just thought, typical person moaning about a country that he chose to come and visit. 

I don't think New Zealand is on a return list for the poster.

• Like 1

Just had a peek at OT, someone is having a rant about our match day prices using our prices V QPR against pigs V Derby. 

The comparison used is unbelievable because they are using our South stand (£46 adults) prices which is most expensive against pigs kop prices (£36) which is there cheapest. 

Rambling on about prices for students obviously again our South stand prices are more than pigs kop prices. 

If you actually compare prices properly kop prices are same for adults (£36) except our club members get £5 discount per ticket and pigs only get £1 per ticket and our prices for kids tickets are far cheaper. 

Do they actually think about what they are posting? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Just had a peek at OT, someone is having a rant about our match day prices using our prices V QPR against pigs V Derby. 

The comparison used is unbelievable because they are using our South stand (£46 adults) prices which is most expensive against pigs kop prices (£36) which is there cheapest. 

Rambling on about prices for students obviously again our South stand prices are more than pigs kop prices. 

If you actually compare prices properly kop prices are same for adults (£36) except our club members get £5 discount per ticket and pigs only get £1 per ticket and our prices for kids tickets are far cheaper. 

You need a brain with which to think.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bradowl said:

7 pages in and not one mention that student and armed forces discounts are tied to membership so will be £10 lower than advertised if you have it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, bradowl said:

Hargreaves allows the lies to continue cos the fat bald fucking bellend loves the meagre income it provides to have click bait, it is certainly his only success "business" and id love to see the **** hit rock bottom and DC take the fucker to court. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Tewksbury said:

7 pages in and not one mention that student and armed forces discounts are tied to membership so will be £10 lower than advertised if you have it.

Yep had a look...... the same old suspects regurgitating the same old anti DC bile. Factor in too that the vast majority of students qualify for reduced  price as under 21 anyway. It's pathetic.

Always said it, always will.

Don’t understand the cross site hate, either way. Whoever it is. 
People have differing opinions on what’s what. I get that. Never understood personal attacks, or agreed with them. 

That’s where I am. 

As I say, each to their own. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Always said it, always will.

Don’t understand the cross site hate, either way. Whoever it is. 
People have differing opinions on what’s what. I get that. Never understood personal attacks, or agreed with them. 

That’s where I am. 

As I say, each to their own. 

Likely you've not endured the relentless hypocritical online bullying facilitated and inflicted by the site owner. Petty and vindictive haranguing, post alterations and selective deletions etc. Possibly explains your view with the greatest respect to you.

Edited by Teddy Nickelarse

4 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Likely you've not endured the relentless hypocritical online bullying facilitated and inflicted by the site owner. Petty and vindictive haranguing, post alterations and selective deletions etc. Possibly explains your view with the greatest respect to you.

Hargreaves threatened this site with legal action.

1 hour ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

No, you’re right I haven’t. Yes Reesh is right at one point what he said was mentioned, but between us, Neil and I sorted things out… amicably. 

I have no personal beef with Neil, last time we spoke we got on, and got on well. Although I’ve not spoken or had any interaction with him for ages. 

• Like 1