What the fuck is wrong with Owlstalk?

23 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

No, you’re right I haven’t. Yes Reesh is right at one point what he said was mentioned, but between us, Neil and I sorted things out… amicably. 

I have no personal beef with Neil, last time we spoke we got on, and got on well. Although I’ve not spoken or had any interaction with him for ages. 

He's a **** Tee, no two ways about it

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

No, you’re right I haven’t. Yes Reesh is right at one point what he said was mentioned, but between us, Neil and I sorted things out… amicably. 

I have no personal beef with Neil, last time we spoke we got on, and got on well. Although I’ve not spoken or had any interaction with him for ages. 

Fair do's; say as you see. Goes to show that even internet bullies and hypocrites can be decent coves face to face.

Just now, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Fair do's; say as you see. Goes to show that even internet bullies and hypocrites can be decent coves face to face.

Or they're all mouth and trousers and bottle job no mark ***** in real life 

• Like 1

The main issue is that without any real media coming from the club a large proportion of the fanbase get their news from OT. Then this gets filtered down to X/podcasts/Staton and gets spread further.

So when they see an 8 page thread on Chansiri fucking over students with every single post agreeing, that becomes the truth.

• Like 2

As I've said before, my account was locked and closed before I'd even had chance to post thanks to a bad grass that was briefly on here and probably still lurks.

MRoyds you absolute tool piss poor excuse for a human being.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Andyben said:

As I've said before, my account was locked and closed before I'd even had chance to post thanks to a bad grass that was briefly on here and probably still lurks.

The weird little fake paddy? The best part of that ran down on to the sheets.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tewksbury said:

The main issue is that without any real media coming from the club a large proportion of the fanbase get their news from OT. Then this gets filtered down to X/podcasts/Staton and gets spread further.

So when they see an 8 page thread on Chansiri fucking over students with every single post agreeing, that becomes the truth.

Staton is on there as is Crann and Miller which is another issue.

20 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Staton is on there as is Crann and Miller which is another issue.

Them being on there isn't an issue,  they don't get involved, it's usually just to link something they've done.

Staton turning these threads into outrage pieces on FH is an issue.

35 minutes ago, Andyben said:

He was a nasty piece of shit thats for sure. Sad thing his life sounded that pathetic it was the only enjoyment he could muster 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, bradowl said:

Just had a peek at OT, someone is having a rant about our match day prices using our prices V QPR against pigs V Derby. 

The comparison used is unbelievable because they are using our South stand (£46 adults) prices which is most expensive against pigs kop prices (£36) which is there cheapest. 

Rambling on about prices for students obviously again our South stand prices are more than pigs kop prices. 

If you actually compare prices properly kop prices are same for adults (£36) except our club members get £5 discount per ticket and pigs only get £1 per ticket and our prices for kids tickets are far cheaper. 

Do they actually think about what they are posting? 

Anything to bash the club.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Likely you've not endured the relentless hypocritical online bullying facilitated and inflicted by the site owner. Petty and vindictive haranguing, post alterations and selective deletions etc. Possibly explains your view with the greatest respect to you.

Bang on

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Andyben said:

A little generous there in my opinion.

• Like 1

I got banned from that site years ago when it could have been considered a badge of honour, now it's just par for the course. I still visit of course but I can't help but think that, that sites rise to fame has been mainly driven by, the left wing stance of the majority of contributors etc, etc  (In my opinion of course), enhanced by 14 years of a Conservative government. The site became a fertile place for left wing discussion and hatred of the Tories and anything or anyone right of centre.  The site, without a doubt has deteriorated over that time and is unrecognisable to what it was 15 years ago. Remember The Owlettes, they got removed tout suite when they saw which way the wind was blowing,  again, in my opinion.

I've no beef with Hargreaves, it's his site, he runs it how he wishes (I'm a Conservative that's how we rock) even though I think he's a nob. Can't help but think though, that whilst I support him running his site and the comments on it as he so desires the Labour party, just like him, are clamping down on what can be said online. An important lesson which will just fly over the heads of the deluded until it starts to affect them.

I can't understand how I got sidetracked with the above comments, but there you go. I only came to comment on the absolute dregs on there still, even now, having a pop at our Chairman. He's clearly trying his best in supporting the club and the manager. The attacks on him are counter productive and just wrong. I just don't understand what these people want. Are they all that thick over there?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Harry Lime said:

I got banned from that site years ago when it could have been considered a badge of honour, now it's just par for the course. I still visit of course but I can't help but think that, that sites rise to fame has been mainly driven by, the left wing stance of the majority of contributors etc, etc  (In my opinion of course), enhanced by 14 years of a Conservative government. The site became a fertile place for left wing discussion and hatred of the Tories and anything or anyone right of centre.  The site, without a doubt has deteriorated over that time and is unrecognisable to what it was 15 years ago. Remember The Owlettes, they got removed tout suite when they saw which way the wind was blowing,  again, in my opinion.

I've no beef with Hargreaves, it's his site, he runs it how he wishes (I'm a Conservative that's how we rock) even though I think he's a nob. Can't help but think though, that whilst I support him running his site and the comments on it as he so desires the Labour party, just like him, are clamping down on what can be said online. An important lesson which will just fly over the heads of the deluded until it starts to affect them.

I can't understand how I got sidetracked with the above comments, but there you go. I only came to comment on the absolute dregs on there still, even now, having a pop at our Chairman. He's clearly trying his best in supporting the club and the manager. The attacks on him are counter productive and just wrong. I just don't understand what these people want. Are they all that thick over there?

Well I tried to ensure the left wingers on there did not get an easy ride but the sheer volume of posters and the proverbial pile ons.

Still hilarious post the Brexit vote and Boris winning 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Well I tried to ensure the left wingers on there did not get an easy ride but the sheer volume of posters and the proverbial pile ons.

Still hilarious post the Brexit vote and Boris winning 

It'll be interesting to see how the site now evolves as the UK plummets towards the Venezuela model. I have a feeling it's all we can look forward to. Errrrr that's the seeing how the site evolves not the plummeting. 😂

• Like 1

Can’t really have a go at the left wing element of Owlstalk when this site is, for some inexplicable reason unbeknown to me, dominated by right wing posters. 

It’s the one negative of Owlsonline. 

Still better than Owlstalk though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

Can’t really have a go at the left wing element of Owlstalk when this site is, for some inexplicable reason unbeknown to me, dominated by right wing posters. 

It's because the Lefties have gone so far left, that even the Middle are classed as far Right these days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

Would be even better if the loony left fucked off back to Owlstalk where they could sing kumbayah

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

Normal people are classed as far right by some people. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, 80s Owl said:

When the only way to win a debate is to block and ban people with an alternative view no matter how valid their argument is then it's time to pack in, the mans an egotistical prick.

But enough about Keir Stalin 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Bellsview said:

Do you think there may be a correlation between the more open minded, balanced and I hate to say it, obviously more intelligent type of poster in here and the over arching political leaning to the right.

Compared to the sheep like, facts aversion, one eyed thicko 'la-la I can't hear you' type poster resident from OT and it's general far left leaning fascististic political stance?

Edited by Andyben

15 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Do you think there may be a correlation between the more open minded, balanced and I hate to say it, obviously more intelligent type of poster in here and the over arching political leaning to the right.

Compared to the sheep like, facts aversion, one eyed thicko 'la-la I can't hear you' type poster resident from OT and it's general far left leaning fascististic political stance?

Tbf when I frequented OT Politics section there were some left leaning types you could debate with, invariably that debate was hi-jacked by the one eyed.

The funny bit is seeing the tables turned, in that they have to defend the Govts actions instead of pontificating how Labour would be better.

Tbh that does work in reverse as well.

16 minutes ago, madowl said:

The way I see it is that if you exclude the absolute loony Left and Right wing politicians/parties/groups you are left with everyone remaining being centrist when compared with the past.

Scooby Doo is less confused than the left.

• Haha 1