EFL Cup 3rd Round

Draw for next round is after tonight's Forest v Newcastle game.

Games for next round are played over 2 weeks, weeks commencing 16th and 23rd September, the second week is for clubs involved in European competition. 

A home draw against Barrow will do me. 

• Thanks 1

It's complete bollocks. City, Villa, Victims, etc aren't going to be fielding their European first elevens in the Carabao Cup no matter when the tie is played.

That's what squad sizes are for and the rules allow for kids to be played in the advent of a higher competition taking precedence 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

It's complete bollocks. City, Villa, Victims, etc aren't going to be fielding their European first elevens in the Carabao Cup no matter when the tie is played.

That's what squad sizes are for and the rules allow for kids to be played in the advent of a higher competition taking precedence 

It will be down to sky and sponsors, even if it's Arsenal youngsters V Barnsley Sky won't want it clashing with Champions League fixtures. 

35 minutes ago, bradowl said:

It will be down to sky and sponsors, even if it's Arsenal youngsters V Barnsley Sky won't want it clashing with Champions League fixtures. 

It will be down to UEFA as much as anyone. They get very uppity about clashes where it involves EPL clubs irrespective of whether they are in the European competitions.

For Sky given every game is on the platform they get at least 4 matchdays  over the 2 weeks on full coverage 

28 minutes ago, mkowl said:

It will be down to UEFA as much as anyone. They get very uppity about clashes where it involves EPL clubs irrespective of whether they are in the European competitions.

For Sky given every game is on the platform they get at least 4 matchdays  over the 2 weeks on full coverage 

I remember an FA cup replay (could have been the Chris Powell one) that was on a Thursday because an FA cup game, even one between two Championship sides, couldn’t be played at the same time as the Champions League. 

6 minutes ago, Gamblor said:

I remember an FA cup replay (could have been the Chris Powell one) that was on a Thursday because an FA cup game, even one between two Championship sides, couldn’t be played at the same time as the Champions League. 

Yeah, there's a UEFA ruling about games of a certain level not being played at same time as UCL matches. 

48 minutes ago, Gamblor said:

That was definitely a Monday, I think that was 3 midweek home game in a row. Thank fuck for the alternative sources these days 

9 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Something very fishy about the opponents we keep drawing in this competition this season. 😁

I wouldn't say our campaign is going 'swimmingly' but at least we're not 'going through the motions'.    👀         🤮

49 minutes ago, Skamp said:

I've never associated Blackpool with fishes.  Tacky crap in the shops, expensive entry fees to pubs and spending at least £100 on ale in a day, yes.  Fishes no.

This.

I thought someone would have challenged me over the nuance of using Blackpool as the basis for the fishing industry in the greater Fylde area,but no one took the bait.I believe Fleetwood is included in that area but not 100% sure.

1 hour ago, Reesh said:

I'm certain being on a fucking river isn't coastal....

You try swimming across it. 😁

Cleethorpes is a seaside town on Humber estuary with a long beach, how many rivers have a beach? 

35 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Cleethorpes is a seaside town on Humber estuary with a long beach, how many rivers have a beach? 

Quite a few and the Humber estuary isn't the fucking sea.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bradowl said:

They do day trips from Cleethorpes to the sea - it's about 8 miles away

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Andyben said:

They do day trips from Cleethorpes to the sea - it's about 8 miles away

I've seen folks splashing about in the sea / laid on beach either side of the base of the pier. We'd been scoffing f&c in PAPA'S on the pier after enjoying a walk south of Cleethorpes last summer.

1 hour ago, Owling_Wolf said:

I've seen folks splashing about in the sea / laid on beach either side of the base of the pier. We'd been scoffing f&c in PAPA'S on the pier after enjoying a walk south of Cleethorpes last summer.

Its probably puddles of piss from the pub....

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Thank you Reginald Dixon.  

Well who knew?

Dixon was born in Ecclesall, Sheffield on 16 October 1904.

At the age of thirteen he was appointed to the post of organist at Birley Carr Methodist church and was also assistant organist at Hillsborough Methodist church

At 17 Dixon auditioned at the Stocksbridge Palace and he was employed as pianist and musical director

After eighteen months, Dixon accepted a job as pianist and deputy organist at Chesterfield Picture House

At Chesterfield he was called upon more and more often to play the organ, and when he was 21, he became a fully professional theatre organist

A year later he became organist and pianist of the Heeley Palace in Sheffield

2 hours ago, HarrySpeakup said:

Well who knew?

Dixon was born in Ecclesall, Sheffield on 16 October 1904.

At the age of thirteen he was appointed to the post of organist at Birley Carr Methodist church and was also assistant organist at Hillsborough Methodist church

At 17 Dixon auditioned at the Stocksbridge Palace and he was employed as pianist and musical director

After eighteen months, Dixon accepted a job as pianist and deputy organist at Chesterfield Picture House

At Chesterfield he was called upon more and more often to play the organ, and when he was 21, he became a fully professional theatre organist

A year later he became organist and pianist of the Heeley Palace in Sheffield

I knew he was from Sheffield. I watched or read something in the last ten years which mentioned him as such and i remember being surprised. With him being as nationally famous as he was, you'd expect him to have been more féted than he was here.  

19 hours ago, Reesh said:

Quite a few and the Humber estuary isn't the fucking sea.

Controversial because it's not a river either 

It is basically transgender, identifying as fresh water, then as sea water on an incoming tide.

Though the Humber estuary was more identifying as turds 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Andyben said:

Speaking of turds and hull.

Kasey Palmer going there from Cov 

Privately, the club hierarchy has had enough of Palmer and have been trying to get rid all window. 

They recognised his participation in events at ours and his provocation antics against other opponents and how the club were attracting media attention not for the football 

• Like 2