Into the Lions Den to look for 3 points... Millwall match thread

Chalobah out again for a couple of weeks. Iorfa has an injury too. Good chance that Bernard moves across to his stronger position on the right with genuine left footer Famewo on the left of the CB pairing. 

DR says will have a clearer picture tomorrow on possibilty of Charles featuring.

The Mrs told me last night that her and our 12 year old daughter were off to London on Saturday to see a show they'd booked last minute. Getting into St Pancras at midday and leaving on the 19:35. Then I told her she'll be in with our away lot probably on both journeys. "Aw fuck" came the reply. 

I'm hoping the show they're going to is a good omen for us. It's Operation Mincemeat. 

• Haha 1

I think Rohl will perhaps be more circumspect. The old adage you can't win it - usually - in the first 20 minutes but you can pretty much lose it. Sunderland being the case in point.

It doesn't mean being ultra defensive, but playing the percentages. You may concede the first goal, but it's back to percentages for 10 minutes if you do. 

I think we have enough in the final 3rd and later on from the bench to do that.

3 hours ago, mkowl said:

I think Rohl will perhaps be more circumspect. The old adage you can't win it - usually - in the first 20 minutes but you can pretty much lose it. Sunderland being the case in point.

It doesn't mean being ultra defensive, but playing the percentages. You may concede the first goal, but it's back to percentages for 10 minutes if you do. 

I think we have enough in the final 3rd and later on from the bench to do that.

Harris will have his front 4 up high and scurrying about to put pressure on us playing it out from the back. If Iorfa is injured then, if I was Harris, I'd be starting Langstaff. Not only does he have the physical attributes to knock Famewo and Bernard about but he's got a deceptive turn of pace over 10 yards as well. 

5 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Harris will have his front 4 up high and scurrying about to put pressure on us playing it out from the back. If Iorfa is injured then, if I was Harris, I'd be starting Langstaff. Not only does he have the physical attributes to knock Famewo and Bernard about but he's got a deceptive turn of pace over 10 yards as well. 

He's been playing the "low block" according to all Wall fans on X, using Langstaff in the Bradshaw role with no effect.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

I did say if I was Harris 😉

If Harris plays a low block, after our last two league performances, and allows us to control our half then he deserves all we can bestow upon him

He deserves all we bestow upon him anyway. He’s the opposition this weekend. 

9 hours ago, Canterburyowl said:

Apologies for the lack of wit and originality in the title but here we go, hoping Wednesday and myself can add to the win in midweek!

Danny in the Lions' den

With apologies to Daniel ch6

Officials for the game...

Referee... LEIGH DOUGHTY
Nigel Lugg and Mark Stevens
Fourth Official : James Linington

Mr Doughty has taken charge of 3 games so far this term... 10 yellow cards brandished.

Last time he reffed us... The 6-0 loss at Ipswich.... 

• Like 1

Feel like this a good marker on where we will be this season. 

Plymouth comfortable win and they’ll finish in the bottom 6 

Leeds will be in and around the top 4 

Sunderland between 5-9 

Millwall are always around mid table.

Interesting to see Chalobah not make the bench. Thought we might tweak the shape a bit with Bannan and Ingelsson either side of Charles.

It’s about how well we stand up to the tempo. But, if we get good spells of possession, we will score today. If we press we will get it back.

1 minute ago, KrolMong said:

Interesting to see Chalobah not make the bench. Thought we might tweak the shape a bit with Bannan and Ingelsson either side of Charles.

It’s about how well we stand up to the tempo. But, if we get good spells of possession, we will score today. If we press we will get it back.

Chalobah is out for a couple of weeks. 

Not a good game so far. Sorta proves that having attacking players does not necessarily make you more attacking. 

Would like us to me more solid in midfield, to then bring the attackers into it from better positions

• Like 1

Can’t blame Bannan for the ball not sticking to the front three. Him and Charles have done some nice stuff down the sides and Gassama, Musaba, Lowe and Ugbo either get muscled out of it or do a blind flick no one.

It’s made worse because we throw the full back on, and it is coming back. All of the forwards have got to protect the ball better, if they do, we will get people behind.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Similar to Pato, the part of the game that Bannan is good at is  ow far outweighed by what we lose by playing him from the start.

So who are you bringing on for Baz? And whilst we're at it, get Mussaba off. He's been an absolute liability.

I don't think we can play two wingers plus Jamal Lowe. He sets up too wide for that. Which would allow a second creative midfielder. If we've got one.

I do like the new lad. Very mobile.

1 minute ago, KrolMong said:

Can’t blame Bannan for the ball not sticking to the front three. Him and Charles have done some nice stuff down the sides and Gassama, Musaba, Lowe and Ugbo either get muscled out of it or do a blind flick no one.

It’s made worse because we throw the full back on, and it is coming back. All of the forwards have got to protect the ball better, if they do, we will get people behind.

I agree. It’s the lack of quality (decision making, control, or passing)  in the final third that’s letting us down. 

1 minute ago, Supercockle said:

I agree. It’s the lack of quality (decision making, control, or passing)  in the final third that’s letting us down. 

There is no interplay between the attackers, or pretty rare. There needs to be more cohesion between the 3rds, which is difficult given the lack of numbers in the middle

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Supercockle said:

But look at how they're receiving the ball in the final third.

What the fuck is Musaba supposed to do with three players hanging off his back every time he gets the ball as we're playing the same ball to him every time. Bannan gets the ball, mark Musaba. Same, same, same.

They're getting most of their joy going up the right and switching into space on the left.

Need someone to stretch the right to make space and give another outlet.

13 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

So who are you bringing on for Baz? And whilst we're at it, get Mussaba off. He's been an absolute liability.

I'm bringing on Windass and playing him and Gassama ahead of Charles and behind Ugbo, Lowe and Musaba playing wide as inside forwards