Cricket, but TV stuff...

HoylandOwl

Just working my way through both series of the Flintoff Field of Dreams series on Iplayer. 

For those that don't know/haven't seen it... It's about Freddie getting a group of absolute amateur kids into the game, and putting them together as a team.

The second series is interspersed with his massive accident and the impact it had on him as a person too, both physically and mentally. 

It's a very heartwarming watch. 

16 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Just working my way through both series of the Flintoff Field of Dreams series on Iplayer. 

For those that don't know/haven't seen it... It's about Freddie getting a group of absolute amateur kids into the game, and putting them together as a team.

The second series is interspersed with his massive accident and the impact it had on him as a person too, both physically and mentally. 

It's a very heartwarming watch. 

He just seems a good bloke does Freddie.

• Like 1

Thoroughly enjoyed both series and hope his plan to expand his idea into a franchise takes off. I know there's a lot of local clubs round here that are on their arse through lack of players but there's still a 'posh' stigma attached to the game. It's also the amount of time a game takes that puts a lot of 'council kids' off. 

The lad from Blackpool is a prime example. He'd obviously had previous good coaching but fell out of the game because it wasn't cool. 

The Afghan refugee looks older than me but Freddie's influence means he's got a real shot at life. They all have if they take the opportunity but I'd love a catch up in a year or so to see if they took that chance.  Me and the Mrs both said we wondered how many of them would want to stay in India