Champions League? You’re Having a Laugh

The frustration of course is that having supported a team through the shit days the naive and possibly foolish expectation is that there should be a degree of loyalty back the other way.

And this dynamic pricing would never of course work the other way, because they would not price to fill the ground. 

18 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Them prices at Villa and Arsenal are ridiculous, there's no way I'd pay that. 

First European cup game since winning it in 81? 

Playing against one if top 5 clubs in European history?

Can I use your TTP pls?

Got Valencia doing the same for La Liga games. The lie being the best price is at the start of the process. So you pile in, this triggers the "dynamic" algorithm. They then put in a ticket countdown clock that purports to show only x remaining - so the fear of missing out stokes the demand. Lo and behold like the play off at Wembley another block appears.

Plus they would not go below a base price just to fill the ground. 

I suppose when it came to supply and demand and pricing, it was trial and error. Physical tickets showed the price when printed. These days the technology exists to take out the trial and error part, you can do it in real time.

I just think football has to be careful, the bubble does not seem close to bursting yet but you do wonder if it's reaching peak. Was talking with my old boss today and I know a mate of his, was a Chelsea season ticket holder, even a decade ago he was paying 2k for his seat. Given it up, the hassle of travel from outside the M25 into West London for the Sunday games. 

I have already made the step for our games. Nothing beats live football but it's not like it's a new experience for me after 50 years, the hassle of getting there, parking etc etc just means the upside of live football is not exceeding the dirge of getting there. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Can I use your TTP pls?

And that is what football plays on, and yep there will be plenty taking the spot of those choosing to go watch via TNT or Amazon Prime or the firestick 

I suppose the tipping point will be when those fed up with the situation, vote with their feet are not replaced 

27 minutes ago, mkowl said:

And that is what football plays on, and yep there will be plenty taking the spot of those choosing to go watch via TNT or Amazon Prime or the firestick 

I suppose the tipping point will be when those fed up with the situation, vote with their feet are not replaced 

I'm sure your old neighbours in the stand are missing you....

47 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Can I use your TTP pls?

They won it in 82. And have played in it since then 

18 hours ago, Tylluan said:

My boss is a Villa fan and he says he won't be going but says Villa know they'll fill it, even if it's the one offs and the tourists, and that's why they've priced it like that. 

That’s the reality of football at the sharp end these days.