The 'old' Owl badge is BACK

2 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Good that it gives those weirdos who love the 70s bean eater designed badge an option.

Also glad the club are listening to fans and also that designs for shirts are already been sorted.d

All positive at the club......

*sits back for 1867 group to complain about "design of the shirt not out, Chansiri ain't having my money" *

6 minutes ago, Billysboy said:

" Oh my god we're skint" (if we sold 5000 we'd make about 300,000 grand) hardly going to dig us out of the financial black hole we're so obviously in, brilliant business move if you ask me.

That's assuming all 5k cost 9 quid each at cost....

• Thanks 1

But if they're taking money now to 'guarantee your shirt' and they've already sorted out the design for the pre-order cut off then I'd want to be wearing mine on the last home game. 

No excuses as other teams get their early releases done and it's only the 3rd kit so it's not exactly a big reveal and I paid for it 7 months earlier. 

It's a great idea but it could easily go tits up if those paying now are left waiting nearly a year for their merchandise 

2 hours ago, Chelters said:

My reading of this is they have listened to supporters and then used it as an opportunity to get some cash in. Makes good business sense, doesn’t mean we’re desperate and no one is being forced to buy it. 

Why not just sell more of this seasons 3rd kit that sold out in a day?

5 minutes ago, Chelters said:

I’m not going to disagree with you there, particularly as someone who didn’t manage to get one of the bloody things. 

Limited edition just sell another 5000 and say its limited to 10000 and not 5000. Crazy really to sell shirts for next season now when we have a kit that people want and can't get.  

3 hours ago, Chelters said:

My reading of this is they have listened to supporters and then used it as an opportunity to get some cash in. Makes good business sense, doesn’t mean we’re desperate and no one is being forced to buy it. 

Absolutely. Not only that, people who pre order will get it. The club can get the order in, for the amount sold and a few more..  none of this running out stuff. 

I think the club underestimated the demand for the black shirt and only ordered that many as per Macron's dictating of how many are in a batch of bespoke kits.  That's why there's a pre-order on now. 15,000 want one now, so they all get one. 

What the club should do is get all the pre-order shirts out as early as possible so they're visible and announce there'll be a further release of X amount available but not until next September. We should also wear it against Watford if it doesn't clash

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Chelters said:

I’m not going to disagree with you there, particularly as someone who didn’t manage to get one of the bloody things. 

Mine arrived from the gate

IMG_20240911_162041.thumb.jpg.80f3d560d819c38a61bff9d5d62dc69d.jpg

Edited by Reesh

Just as everyone has bought the home shirt with with the Red Bull logo on it, Leeds are introducing an Adidas Originals line with a plain white shirt with the 70s logo on it. 

No prices on it til 7pm tonight but the marketing makes it look good.  Comparisons on launches will no doubt be made. 

Edited by Tylluan

I have just realised that all anyone knows about me on here is that I am an accountant, I have a full collection of programmes and a full collection of football shirts.

Probably a good job there aren’t many ladies on here or the rest of you wouldn’t stand a chance. 

• Haha 7

21 minutes ago, bradowl said:

White shirts and blue shorts, didn't we wear these colours for our FA Cup games during early 1970's? 

Chelsea at home about 72/73, when both sides had to change in fa cup, also think when we played Palace in a second replay at Villa Park we wore it.

Brilliant idea if you want it buy it if you don’t then great but some of our fanbase are just wank. Any excuse to get likes and slag us off I hope we start selling away tickets based on who bought all three replica shirts in the actual shop that would be piss funny like when Chansiri called everyone out and asked to pay tax bill 🤣🤣

My wish is that in my life time we actually win something and Chansiri stands there in the middle of the stand kissing the badge holding a yellow leaflet in one hand and sticking two fingers up with the other.

Rant over disclaimer hard Monday at work onwards and upwards having a beer fuck em 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OwlMR said:

Why not just sell more of this seasons 3rd kit that sold out in a day?

The interesting theory I heard at tge weekend, not saying it is correct but plausible, is that this year's 3rd kit was originally going to be the 2nd kit. But mess up with the order, delays etc that it was only just here. Rather than waste the stock they did get, make it the 3rd kit. Hence why it was only limited stock and there probably won't be any more

24 minutes ago, mkowl said:

The interesting theory I heard at tge weekend, not saying it is correct but plausible, is that this year's 3rd kit was originally going to be the 2nd kit. But mess up with the order, delays etc that it was only just here. Rather than waste the stock they did get, make it the 3rd kit. Hence why it was only limited stock and there probably won't be any more

That's fair but surely it wouldn't be hard to make more its a standard Macron kit Stoke have got the same one this year. Make more let people buy them rather than asking people to order one that they don't know what it looks like and not going to get for 9 months.

4 hours ago, Tylluan said:

I think the club underestimated the demand for the black shirt and only ordered that many as per Macron's dictating of how many are in a batch of bespoke kits.  That's why there's a pre-order on now. 15,000 want one now, so they all get one. 

What the club should do is get all the pre-order shirts out as early as possible so they're visible and announce there'll be a further release of X amount available but not until next September. We should also wear it against Watford if it doesn't clash

Could we not just order another batch as it's a standard kit and we know the demand is there?

4 minutes ago, OwlMR said:

Could we not just order another batch as it's a standard kit and we know the demand is there?

They were sold as limited edition and although I don't think there's a law against producing more I do think there's an ethical dilemma to publicly committing to saying there's a finite number and then increasing that number. 

Plus judging by the number of black shirts on show on Saturday it looks like every one who didn't get one went to the Gate. 

Apart from @Chelters that is. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

They were sold as limited edition and although I don't think there's a law against producing more I do think there's an ethical dilemma to publicly committing to saying there's a finite number and then increasing that number. 

Plus judging by the number of black shirts on show on Saturday it looks like every one who didn't get one went to the Gate. 

Apart from @Chelters that is. 

Fair points. Suppose if people are daft enough to order a shirt now for £70 and not get it for 9 months let them. Crazy though if you ask me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HappyOwl said:

In fact I might have an idea there 10 extra priority points for every shirt you buy I would’ve got a ticket for millwall away if that was a thing I’m emailing the club as we speak 🙌🙌🙌💙💙💙

Think yourself bloody lucky you didn't!   🫣

Not for me, thanks: if I want to wear that new old badge, (or is it the old new badge?), I've already got it on a repro of the actual striped home shirt that was sold in the club shop decades back.  

The important thing for me is that is going directly onto the shirt, rather than appearing within a shield. That was the worse of all worlds.  A proper dogs dinner.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Not for me, thanks: if I want to wear that new old badge, (or is it the old new badge?), I've already got it on a repro of the actual striped home shirt that was sold in the club shop decades back.  

The important thing for me is that is going directly onto the shirt, rather than appearing within a shield. That was the worse of all worlds.  A proper dogs dinner.  

This

1 minute ago, Otto_Man said:

For the dinosaurs amongst us, what's the gate? 😲 

Use the initials of a certain former fa cup final scoring Wednesday striker and the name of the pub that used be next to the Travellers

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Andyben said:

Someone else pointed out that the 70's design was changed twice before anyway so what's the fuss

I was under the impression that the SWFC and shield were added due to an issue with copyright/trademark on the basic 'original' so this would be because of that.

3 minutes ago, Tewksbury said:

I was under the impression that the SWFC and shield were added due to an issue with copyright/trademark on the basic 'original' so this would be because of that.

No the actual design of the owl changed both times too.

Its a non story 

11 hours ago, Chelters said:

Bloke on X now having a pop (and getting support) because the ‘new’ old badge isn’t right e,g the line doesn’t taper towards the tail, comes up a bit too far away from the foot etc.

I’m not joking. 

Who is the poster?

For what it's worth, I don't think the one on the OS looks right, purely because all the lines should be the same thickness and the back/wing line goes thinner and then wider again about a third of the way down. That's been bugging me all week. Although I'm hoping it is just some poor editing on the image they're using and the real thing will be fine. (Although I'll not lose any sleep about it either way.)