Do like to be beside the seaside (even if Blackpool is a shit!thole) - match thread (cup)

11 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

P Charles, Valentin, Otegbayo, Bernard, M Lowe, Fusire, Ingelsson, Paterson, Musaba, J Lowe, Smith

Subs | Beadle, Famewo, Valery, Palmer, Bannan, Johnson, Gassama, McNeill, Ugbo

Is that Pato in a three with Lowe and Musaba beside Smith or.....

27 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

P Charles, Valentin, Otegbayo, Bernard, M Lowe, Fusire, Ingelsson, Paterson, Musaba, J Lowe, Smith

Subs | Beadle, Famewo, Valery, Palmer, Bannan, Johnson, Gassama, McNeill, Ugbo

I've got that as Red Bull's 4-2-2-2 formation, or back to 4-2-3-1 with Paterson tucked into the middle of the 3 so it can move to 4-3-3. 

Whatever it is it can't be 3-4-3 that started on Saturday with that line up

Please, somebody tell me i have seen that wrong.

Valentin, taking a throw in...

Valentin is taking too long, according to the referee...

Valentin takes the throw and the referee actually blows up, to make him take it again.

WTF, absolutely ridiculous.

A bit disappointing. Just been for a slash and not one person chanted my 'name'!   

Clue: was in the old away stand here once, walked along towards the bog and a small coterie of then OO members started chanting, "There's only one Owling_Wolf," much to my amazement.  You obviously got a better quality of OwlsOnliner back then.  😋

2 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

A bit disappointing. Just been for a slash and not one person chanted my 'name'!   

Clue: was in the old away stand here once, walked along towards the bog and a small coterie of then OO members started chanting, "There's only one Owling_Wolf," much to my amazement.  You obviously got a better quality of OwlsOnliner back then.  😋

It's so sad when they get like this, bless em.

Well a win is a win, but not a performance that inspired that the problems in the league are behind us 

Only really 25 minutes in the entire game that we looked decent. Ok Blackpool offered nothing and we got across the line but I would like to have seen us create more opportunities

2 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Ingelsson.

Build the midfield around him now.

The best 25 minutes of the match were when Ingelsson had a good 25 minutes. The problem being he disappeared for most the 2nd half .

That seems to be the issue currently with this squad. We have spells in games playing well, but are failing to capitalise. We have terrible spells in games and concede goals in batches, but also vast chunks of games nothing really happens .

Our attacking play has little fluidity currently, the odd moment of interplay but it generally relies on an individual to do something.

But the performances of the young lads were encouraging and integration with the first team in the league should be the next step

46 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Inglesson playing those passes in the channels, and making runs into them too was a real feature. You can see he’s played as a ‘wide midfielder’ quite a lot as he’s adept at it.

The one bit of his play that startled me slightly was when he was running after the ball back down the wing from the corner flag and suddenly swung in a terrific cross without any positioning first. Not checked but it might even have been for the disallowed goal. Either way it was a really good, natural technique: way above that game!

4 hours ago, mkowl said:

The best 25 minutes of the match were when Ingelsson had a good 25 minutes. The problem being he disappeared for most the 2nd half .

That seems to be the issue currently with this squad. We have spells in games playing well, but are failing to capitalise. We have terrible spells in games and concede goals in batches, but also vast chunks of games nothing really happens .

Our attacking play has little fluidity currently, the odd moment of interplay but it generally relies on an individual to do something.

But the performances of the young lads were encouraging and integration with the first team in the league should be the next step

I liked Sean Fusire's contribution, despite getting some right clonk several times, but generally everyone towed the party line and made sure we'd got five men right up in attack, then passed it all the way back!   🤬

Only Gassama broke the mould: he ran sideways a lot.  

Edited by Owling_Wolf

42 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

The one bit of his play that startled me slightly was when he was running after the ball back down the wing from the corner flag and suddenly swung in a terrific cross without any positioning first. Not checked but it might even have been for the disallowed goal. Either way it was a really good, natural technique: way above that game!

It was for the disallowed goal, was a reyt ball in

• Like 1

I do like Ingelsson. Him and O’Shea need a go away from home but O’Shea has got to dog him about his defensive duties.

But to get the most out of him, we are better playing a 3 in midfield and have him left or right and give him the responsibility to simply go and raid when we get the ball.

3 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

I do like Ingelsson. Him and O’Shea need a go away from home but O’Shea has got to dog him about his defensive duties.

But to get the most out of him, we are better playing a 3 in midfield and have him left or right and give him the responsibility to simply go and raid when we get the ball.

John O'Shea?