Can the Owls clatter the Hatters match thread

52 minutes ago, Beaconowl said:

I was worried for a minute, that you may have forgotten to create this post. Almost as worried as I am about the result tomorrow.

Luton is a horrible place 

Went to Lutons for a birthday party on my step dad's side, as well as the odd owls match. What an absolute shit hole of a place Luton is, awful

Just now, holmesfield_owl said:

Went to Lutons for a birthday party on my step dad's side, as well as the odd owls match. What an absolute shit hole of a place Luton is, awful

Daft thing 5 miles down the road is Harpenden - probably as affluent as it gets

Thoughts for today then ? 

Tough one I think, they have had a bit of an hangover from relegation, few jumped ship but a win at Millwall last time compared to our capitulation will have steadied it

One we need the first goal or I can see us losing quite heavily

Our record ain't that great there either and team confidence still seems fragile. The last kick equaliser last time should not impinge, Rohl was right it happens and the general play was OK. Though I do worry how we drop off in the 2nd half - if it's fitness related that would be concerning

3 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Had the 'pleasure' of visiting the home of Luton Town a few times... It's always been a shithole. 

When will it end?  Got home from Blackpool at past 2am, following mass road (non-)works closures and diversions off of our diversions.  Have just been greeted on our Luton-bound coach with the news that the M1 is shut from Jcn 28 to J26 this morning.   🤬

9 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

When will it end?  Got home from Blackpool at past 2am, following mass road (non-)works closures and diversions off of our diversions.  Have just been greeted on our Luton-bound coach with the news that the M1 is shut from Jcn 28 to J26 this morning.   🤬

Less time spent in Luton at least. Hope it doesn’t delay you too much. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

A1 innit down to just past Biggleswade,  cross down thru Hitchin, the driver can thank me later 

10 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

"Always look on the bright side of life."  And thanks.

🙂

Like Emre passing the fucktard torch, I feel I should be passing the M1 Traffic soothsayer mug (sponsored by the Highways Agency) to Owling. 

Tell the driver to check Jn 18 ain't shut. It was northbound last week

1 hour ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Just a bit of forward thinking, MK: if we have more bad luck on the M1 northbound later, would it be ok for me to bring the lads round to your gaff, maybe bed down for the night after a couple of snifters?  Don't worry, it's not full. Maybe about 45 of us?   

No problem I suspect our next door neighbour will be happy to accommodate about 30 of them based on her reputation

We're in safe seating here, near the front. A bit challenging when you're not used to it. 

Coming back from the bog during game, initially couldn't see where the steps were at all - it's rammed. Not just ours stood as thickly on steps as in 'seats', but even having found the steps at the back, when it's full there's literally no way to see any seat numbers as each place is so narrow, front to back, without considering the % of fat buggers! I actually had to ask people what their seat numbers were, which most couldn't remember, and then would they please shift so I could see, please.  As there were plenty trying to do exactly what I was, it's a no thanks from me: certainly not here.  And having so many stewards & police stood at the back was simply adding to the problems. 

Right: 2nd half!

Just now, Owling_Wolf said:

We're in safe seating here, near the front. A bit challenging when you're not used to it. 

Coming back from the bog during game, initially couldn't see where the steps were at all - it's rammed. Not just ours stood as thickly on steps as in 'seats', but even having found the steps at the back, when it's full there's literally no way to see any seat numbers as each place is so narrow, front to back, without considering the % of fat buggers! I actually had to ask people what their seat numbers were, which most couldn't remember, and then would they please shift so I could see, please.  As there were plenty trying to do exactly what I was, it's a no thanks from me: certainly not here.  And having so many stewards & police stood at the back was simply adding to the problems. 

Right: 2nd half!

14 hours ago, owl4ever1867 said:

That was handball by Morris then before he wacked it into the net.

Weve been royally screwed here 

More corruption from Rick Parry and his EFL puppets the bent pubeheaded ****. I hope he gets a serious illness for Christmas 

Edited by Reesh
  • Like 1