Can the Owls clatter the Hatters match thread

The best team lost that game

However

Had it not been for their number 15, Windass scores at least 2 and we're more than likely 3-0 up before they scored. 

Charles in particular was outstanding. Also, we looked a lot more solid with a 3 in defence. This time, we weren't overrun in midfield like we usually can be when playing a 4. That 3-4-3 worked to perfection. Valery and Windass really worked well down the right side.  

There was only going to be one winner after we went down to 10 men and from seeing a replay, there was more arm than shoulder so probably the only decision the referee got correct. He was shocking for both sides, how McGuinness doesn't get penalised for that handball, I don't know. Many of the "fouls" he gave weren't at all watching that game, he was useless. 

We won't be anywhere near the relegation zone if we play like that throughout the season. That performance won't see a boxing day massacre like some of our samaritan followers think will happen at the Sandwich restaurant. 

• Like 1

I think we’ve seen the inexperience of Beadle these last two games. For the winner yesterday and the equaliser last week I think he’s lost his head a bit and gone chasing the ball. 

He’s a brilliant keeper and we’re lucky to have him, but hope that’s something he can work on quickly. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, LiamOwl said:

I think we’ve seen the inexperience of Beadle these last two games. For the winner yesterday and the equaliser last week I think he’s lost his head a bit and gone chasing the ball. 

He’s a brilliant keeper and we’re lucky to have him, but hope that’s something he can work on quickly. 

Said to a mate, last night, that if Hamer was fit then he'd be in against West Brom to take Beadle out of the firing line for a bit.

I’m a bit surprised at some on here suggesting already that we are in a relegation fight. Yes we are near the bottom of the table right now but were not even out of September and only 7point behind a playoff spot.

What I see is a team and a coach starting to get the best out of what we have and we still haven’t seen one of our potentially best signings of the summer ie NC

The sending off yesterday was marginal and was even more questionable by the fact that I doubt the ref had a good view. What is even more frustrating for me was that previously there has been the double punishment ie getting a red and awarded a penalty seems like you are punishing a team twice for the same thing. If the player did something blatant or dangerous then yes I can see why a red. However, yesterday the ball was knocked towards DB very close by, so he had little time to adjust, he didn’t blatantly put his hand up (unlike other incidents we’ve witnessed) and he seemed to be trying to use his chest/ shoulder. So even if it was “handball”, to also be sent off just doesn’t make sense for the incident.

• Like 3

FYI Some feedback from a Luton supporting mate: All very quiet from you after yesterday 😂 Up the Mighty Hatters!!! Too be honest mate is wasn’t a very good game at all, not helped by one of the most diabolical referees I’ve seen in years for both teams, he was absolutely crap. Gave quite a few fouls the wrong way and had no control of the game, typical little man syndrome. And as for letting your player take at least 5 minutes or more to get off the pitch after being sent off 🤷🏼‍♂️

12 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

It shouldn’t, but Mr Auschwitz just can’t help himself. I make a post about Wednesday yesterday and he starts spouting shit about Ed Sheeran. Fuck all to do with anything and totally irrelevant from our resident site bully! 

No wonder this site loses posters! 

Bye Bells.

Edited by Reesh

4 hours ago, mkowl said:

The bigger picture for the season will emerge after the next 3 games before the next international break.

Can't say the fixtures look too great 

West Brom H

Bristol City A

Coventry A

The best performance of last season was v the Baggies but we still rode our luck at times and they ain't in the flip flops this time.

Those 2 away games at places where my memory serves are not great hunting grounds anyway, in the space of 4 days as well. Not great odds.

The reality is we could be P 9 Pts 4 and we would be in the bottom 3.

The first game after Burnley

The Championship will always be on fine margins and are we just on the wrong side of both in each penalty area. The pressure will up on Rohl, we can question selections, tactics, subs but is the grim reality the 5% lack of quality telling.

That's a tough run of games.  

50 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

I’m a bit surprised at some on here suggesting already that we are in a relegation fight. Yes we are near the bottom of the table right now but were not even out of September and only 7point behind a playoff spot.

What I see is a team and a coach starting to get the best out of what we have and we still haven’t seen one of our potentially best signings of the summer ie NC

The sending off yesterday was marginal and was even more questionable by the fact that I doubt the ref had a good view. What is even more frustrating for me was that previously there has been the double punishment ie getting a red and awarded a penalty seems like you are punishing a team twice for the same thing. If the player did something blatant or dangerous then yes I can see why a red. However, yesterday the ball was knocked towards DB very close by, so he had little time to adjust, he didn’t blatantly put his hand up (unlike other incidents we’ve witnessed) and he seemed to be trying to use his chest/ shoulder. So even if it was “handball”, to also be sent off just doesn’t make sense for the incident.

The point I was making is that the next run of fixtures - 3 before and 1 after the international break don't look the easiest.

Frankly we could play like yesterday in all 4 games and get 0 points.

I mean unlike this time a year ago 3 performances have been decent and we certainly don't look relegation candidates from those, albeit only 4 points 

10 minutes ago, mkowl said:

The point I was making is that the next run of fixtures - 3 before and 1 after the international break don't look the easiest.

Frankly we could play like yesterday in all 4 games and get 0 points.

I mean unlike this time a year ago 3 performances have been decent and we certainly don't look relegation candidates from those, albeit only 4 points 

Thank you to our motivational speaker!   😖

3 hours ago, Reesh said:

Bye Bells.

Mr auschwitz! 😆

yeah the ref fucked us but when they scored they looked like they would score 4, DR has got to get his dubs right cause we fall to pieces in the last 10 mins.

3 minutes ago, Winco said:

Mr auschwitz! 😆

yeah the ref fucked us but when they scored they looked like they would score 4, DR has got to get his dubs right cause we fall to pieces in the last 10 mins.

Can you do a voice over?

I can take jokes but not from a train spotting wobbling fuckwit like JK Bellsview.

On 21/09/2024 at 19:39, Owling_Wolf said:

That weren't rescinded!

Btw, we've just passed M1 Jcn 26: A610. All clear so far!  Despite the worst electric storm I've ever seen at sea level!  Been black as for an hour already. 

If its any consolation I don't think it's stopped raining here since Saturday's game. 

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

If its any consolation I don't think it's stopped raining here since Saturday's game. 

The only two places I saw named first thing this morning on Beeb website as going to be flooded were Luton & Leighton Buzzard.  The idea that, but for a mere 48 hours, we could have been trapped in Luton...

13 hours ago, lyn_owl said:

That was the scariest journey ever, never seen so much rain. Thing is it was bone dry after Tibshelf.

The wettest place was a village called Woburn at 13.1cm of rain - just across the valley from here. Relatively well known place as there is a renowned golf course, a Safari park where I once threatened my kids they would be thrown out the car in the lion enclosure and an Abbey. The deer kill count on the road through the Estate is a tad lower table this year -