Hillsborough Law

Lee

Fuck me, name association in law announced by Starmer today. Relates to behaviour and accountability of local authorities and civil servants. 

Just keeps us in the mindset for all the wrong reasons.

Alludes to Hillsborough being to blame.

7 hours ago, owl71 said:

Gives public sector employees a legal obligation to tell the truth to public inquiries.   The Duckenfield Law would be more appropriate.  

I'd like to see if this includes MPs.

The law won't make a difference anyway, they'll just be a bit more careful in who the enquiry talks to in order to reach the result they want.

11 hours ago, owl71 said:

Gives public sector employees a legal obligation to tell the truth to public inquiries.   The Duckenfield Law would be more appropriate.  

The fact that doesn't already exist is more the fucking story 

The fact Starmer used the police and judicial system to quell the recent riots tells you very much if Govt says jump the question is how high

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lee said:

Fuck me, name association in law announced by Starmer today. Relates to behaviour and accountability of local authorities and civil servants. 

Just keeps us in the mindset for all the wrong reasons.

Alludes to Hillsborough being to blame.

WTF?? Really? I'd not seen this. 

Well, if people didn't think there was an unconscious bias against us, this might just thrust that thought back into the forefront!

• Like 2

Can you imagine the meltdown if we renamed the stadium? 

I can see the Kelly Cates headline now. "Sheffield Wednesday stadium rename to hide the shame". 

And it would probably make Hargreaves a millionaire with the amount of clicks that site would generate as they went nuclear. 

6 minutes ago, mkowl said:

The irony of having a couple of days off, sat reading a book titled 1989 and the last chapter was all about the journalist lead character covering the disaster. 

If you're off and on a similar theme, try the album 1989 by Kölsch (and the earlier 1983 & 1977)

3 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Can you imagine the meltdown if we renamed the stadium? 

I can see the Kelly Cates headline now. "Sheffield Wednesday stadium rename to hide the shame". 

And it would probably make Hargreaves a millionaire with the amount of clicks that site would generate as they went nuclear. 

So we'll rename ours 'Heysel'.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, mkowl said:

The fact that doesn't already exist is more the fucking story 

The fact Starmer used the police and judicial system to quell the recent riots tells you very much if Govt says jump the question is how high

Please explain what the alternative was given what the situation was when he walked into No 10 Downing St?

We won’t rid that shadow in my lifetime.

And any, and all, football administrators in my generation, will always be influenced by what happened in ‘89.

I can say, and without any doubt, should we play Liverpool home or away in the next 3 years. It’s a no-go.