Will we Baggie all three points back at home?

Well it's a fact that things aren't going the way that the back end of last season and the opening game against Plymouth suggested.

Just seen elsewhere on here that we've signed a 'set piece coach' - taking them or defending against them? Because something drastic needs to be done fairly sharpish.

Who was it we signed recently?  I thought that was a set piece coach. 

9 minutes ago, Skamp said:

Well it's a fact that things aren't going the way that the back end of last season and the opening game against Plymouth suggested.

Just seen elsewhere on here that we've signed a 'set piece coach' - taking them or defending against them? Because something drastic needs to be done fairly sharpish.

I thought that too 

10 minutes ago, Skamp said:

The previous bloke was Ben King an analyst.

Niklas Lanwehr has left the club.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

He's on a hat-trick of spectacular goals. I'd accept one of those this weekend.

I'd prefer one off his arse if it gets us three points as opposed to one the others have mustered.

19 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Gunna be a tough one today, but if last seasons game against this lot is anything to go by….

It feels like we have to win almost, not because of a gap above us yet, but because we need something to go our way for confidence levels. 

Need the same as happened that afternoon, clinical in front of goal, resolute in defence and had a bit of luck as well.

Overall our performances are OK, on par if not a tad better than last season under Rohl, but as we know this league is so marginal that you can lose or win 3 in succession without any noticeable difference in performance

Looks like he now has his settled side, apart from interchanging the forwards. I just wish Kobacki wasn't always the first one to be dragged. 

Nice to see Otegbayo on the bench but we are a bit short without Iorfa and Bernard. I do think Ihiekwe talks Beadle through the game better than Bernard. 

29 minutes ago, owl4ever1867 said:

They've not looked dangerous in the slightest down that left hand side, he brings Max  Lowe on, 1st attack down that left - goal

Cracking ball from Lowe to Bannan saying that for the winner. 

Good result. Very good first 45. I will not be overly critical of the second 45, Lowe got done for the first and Mowatts strike was very fortuitous but beyond that, they haven’t created a lot. Our third was a very good goal, and shows the importance of midfield runners.

The back three were good, as were Charles and Bannan. I thought Windass was good too.

A big praise for Michael Smith when he came on. Much better suited to Beadles clearances than Ugbo is.

Good win.

• Like 1

Just now, KrolMong said:

Good result. Very good first 45. I will not be overly critical of the second 45, Lowe got done for the first and Mowatts strike was very fortuitous but beyond that, they haven’t created a lot. Our third was a very good goal, and shows the importance of midfield runners.

The back three were good, as were Charles and Bannan. I thought Windass was good too.

A big praise for Michael Smith when he came on. Much better suited to Beadles clearances than Ugbo is.

Good win.

Looked a foul throw for their 2nd saying that 

Made up with that and so pleased for the players as well, they worked so hard for that and I'm just happy they get to see what the hard work brings. Great goals from Windass and Musaba especially the relief of the last one when I was coming round to thinking all was lost again.

Special mention for the manager, a couple of weeks ago we were looking lost and he's made us a functional side again by IMHO benching Musaba and Gassama and reducing that playing out from the back all the time, so good to mix it up and keep them guessing.

Maybe I can enjoy a weekend for a change.

4 minutes ago, Harry Lime said:

Made up with that and so pleased for the players as well, they worked so hard for that and I'm just happy they get to see what the hard work brings. Great goals from Windass and Musaba especially the relief of the last one when I was coming round to thinking all was lost again.

Special mention for the manager, a couple of weeks ago we were looking lost and he's made us a functional side again by IMHO benching Musaba and Gassama and reducing that playing out from the back all the time, so good to mix it up and keep them guessing.

Maybe I can enjoy a weekend for a change.

Bet you hated Musaba scoring didn't you.

Solid performance. Felt like an odd game, but a deserved result.

Felt we were comfortable but still conceded twice from that position which is a concern. But likewise the response was also encouraging and WBA brought some handy players on.

The switch back to a similar style from the end of last season suits us. I wish someone would pass Ugbo the ball in the final third rather than shooting from range. 

Saw the best and worst of musaba in the same cameo but hopefully that goal does him the world of good (and Windass) as we’ve had too many off form.

Shea Charles looks to be our most important player. I still think we need to look out for a cb who can win more headers but we’ve been aware of that for some time. 

Being strong at home will be so important for us to it was a huge relief to win this game. Well done to them. Makes up for qpr in terms of expected home results.

And maybe a bit of fortune with a handball shout at the end - though that would have instilled the conspiracy theories.

Penalty for Musaba ? I wasn't screaming at the TV and would have been furious if given against us, but can understand those saying it was more clearcut than I think