Will we Baggie all three points back at home?

Certainly vital we came out with a win. I think 2 up, playing well and going on to draw or worse would have been a real confidence drainer.

But coming back to get a winner, v the side still top before the 3pms and more importantly more than matching them should work the other way.

2 huge away games to come but all we ask is the performances are to that level and no reason why we can't get a victory in one or both if we do

5 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Bet you hated Musaba scoring didn't you.

Absolutely not. I like both Musaba and Gassama, but not starting together and preferably not starting at all. They're both talented lads and can be brilliant off the bench but don't forget, root cause of their 2nd goal started with Musaba giving a silly free kick away on the edge of our box.

By not starting them, we're more competitive in midfield which showed today as WBA kept giving the ball away and you don't get that starting Musaba and Gassama. DR recognises that now as with the playing out from the back.

So no, I don't dislike the lads, I just realise they can't get back and defend for toffee.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, owl4ever1867 said:

They've not looked dangerous in the slightest down that left hand side, he brings Max  Lowe on, 1st attack down that left - goal

Fair point.  Not a dig at Lowe.  Just that it was a change of shape that made us supposedly more defensive, and West Brom scored about three minutes later.  

Shit happens.  We won.  

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

And maybe a bit of fortune with a handball shout at the end - though that would have instilled the conspiracy theories.

Penalty for Musaba ? I wasn't screaming at the TV and would have been furious if given against us, but can understand those saying it was more clearcut than I think

I think musaba looked for it after failing to take a shot. He has a really bad habit of just continuing his run and running out of space to get a credible shot away. 

Interesting interview from Rohl, individual player meetings this morning, still sees it as no more than a small step. Slight dig that the crowd was quiet - the early kick off never helps but more a nervousness I suspect.

Charles easily MoM though plenty of 8's in the rest which you need

• Like 1

An odd game but a very important 3 points. 

I'm not a fan of these lunch time kick offs, atmosphere always seems to start off a little flat, it's like half of crowd have only just got out of bed and are still trying to wake up. 

Probably reason West Brom didn't sell out there allocation of tickets. 

49 minutes ago, bradowl said:

An odd game but a very important 3 points. 

I'm not a fan of these lunch time kick offs, atmosphere always seems to start off a little flat, it's like half of crowd have only just got out of bed and are still trying to wake up. 

Probably reason West Brom didn't sell out there allocation of tickets. 

Looking at the away end from my tv, the upper looked full with a few more in the lower, considering it was a 12:30 ko, thought fair play to them to be honest.

I personally fall out with more lunch time kick offs than before.

We did what we do, ie making us sweat, but we deserved the 3points.

Ugbo did nothing today, unless I blinked and missed it. Everyone else was a 7 at least. Windass took his goal really well, best game of the season so far from him.

Albion didn’t look anything special, but it just goes to show what you can do with a bit of consistency which is what DR is focussing.

As for the ref, terrible. Just jobsworth decision all over the place and that was never a free-kick just before they scored.

I suggest we wait for confirmation either way before we kill someone off.

Bloke on X saying it is his brother and he has passed away.

The Albion fans are also going apoplectic about the response to the medical emergency 

Edited by Reesh

1 hour ago, owl4ever1867 said:

Looking at the away end from my tv, the upper looked full with a few more in the lower, considering it was a 12:30 ko, thought fair play to them to be honest.

I personally fall out with more lunch time kick offs than before.

Upper tier wasn't full, it said on WBA facebook page yesterday that they had sold just under 3,000 tickets out of an allocation of 3,800 and sales had stopped at 1pm with no tickets available on the day. 

Still decent numbers considering adult tickets were £39, kick off time and live on Sky. They would have sold out had it been a normal 3pm kick off. 

I'm sure we might have had a few more of our fans attending too, possibly knocked 2,000 off attendance. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reesh said:

I suggest we wait for confirmation either way before we kill someone off.

Bloke on X saying it is his brother and he has passed away.

The Albion fans are also going apoplectic about the response to the medical emergency 

If it's because they didn't stop the game, Staton has said it's a new rule this season that refs have been told not to. No idea if it's true, that's just what he said. Saw some poor lass doing chest compressions mind, which is never good...

13 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

If it's because they didn't stop the game, Staton has said it's a new rule this season that refs have been told not to. No idea if it's true, that's just what he said. Saw some poor lass doing chest compressions mind, which is never good...

Apparently its to do with the paramedic and steward's speed of response 

29 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Apparently its to do with the paramedic and steward's speed of response 

Awaits The Daily Mail to write an unbiased article.

It won't look good saying that if the response was slower than it could have been. But who knows 

9 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Awaits The Daily Mail to write an unbiased article.

It won't look good saying that if the response was slower than it could have been. But who knows 

Already had one on SM saying we have form. Second post in.

https://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38326140

WTF is wrong with people looking to jump on that bandwagon all the time. It's a sad day and just unfortunate to happen there, but is that attributable to the ground, no, is it fuck.

• Like 1

WBA fans saying took 10 mins to get a Defib to him which in a place with 25,000 in regularly is poor. 

When I was a football coach we had a Defib in the kit bag and at work we have 2 within 1 to 2 mins of everyone. 

Thoughts with the family.  Particularly close to home as my Mum had a Cardiac Arrest this year but has survived it, mainly due to an ex Nurse being in the Coffee Shop it happened and performed CPR until paramedics arrived.

6 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

WBA fans saying took 10 mins to get a Defib to him which in a place with 25,000 in regularly is poor. 

When I was a football coach we had a Defib in the kit bag and at work we have 2 within 1 to 2 mins of everyone. 

Thoughts with the family.  Particularly close to home as my Mum had a Cardiac Arrest this year but has survived it, mainly due to an ex Nurse being in the Coffee Shop it happened and performed CPR until paramedics arrived.

That's on the paramedics if true but is it true or is it supposition and if there is any investigation I'd rather we didnt post rumours regarding this on here.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Reading one comment on a West Brom forum, simply saying that end of the stadium is cursed. Got to say I can't really argue against that. 

Rubbish. Grow up. We have more than enough critics without our own people starting and what really pisses me off is people trying to make points or push their agendas when someone has died.

Someone died in the Leppings Lane stand, it could have happened anywhere, it happens. I just feel for the family, sent someone off to a football match, never to return due to the curse of Hillsboroughs Leppings Lane Stand? God give me strength.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Harry Lime said:

Rubbish. Grow up. We have more than enough critics without our own people starting and what really pisses me off is people trying to make points or push their agendas when someone has died.

Someone died in the Leppings Lane stand, it could have happened anywhere, it happens. I just feel for the family, sent someone off to a football match, never to return due to the curse of Hillsboroughs Leppings Lane Stand? God give me strength.

Yes it could happen anywhere. But I will stick with the comment I made on the 16th April 1989 - that the stand should be demolished forthwith.

These days it is the target on our backs, anything happens there these comments will arise, the media will pore over it, as will SAG and SYP if there is credence to any of the suggestions about response times, lack of communication, unworking equipment.

Rather than defending the situation, why not raise your angst that similar could have occurred in the other 3 sides of the ground. Like I did after reading the safety failings and short cuts pre 1989, that my safety was compromised every week I went there.

Football is parochial, we defend our Club because it's personal but we need to stop making excuses, blaming others for the West Stand. It needs ripping down and removing an eyesore and a legacy 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Yes it could happen anywhere. But I will stick with the comment I made on the 16th April 1989 - that the stand should be demolished forthwith.

These days it is the target on our backs, anything happens there these comments will arise, the media will pore over it, as will SAG and SYP if there is credence to any of the suggestions about response times, lack of communication, unworking equipment.

Rather than defending the situation, why not raise your angst that similar could have occurred in the other 3 sides of the ground. Like I did after reading the safety failings and short cuts pre 1989, that my safety was compromised every week I went there.

Football is parochial, we defend our Club because it's personal but we need to stop making excuses, blaming others for the West Stand. It needs ripping down and removing an eyesore and a legacy 

Like fuck you made that comment on 16/04/89.

The FA should have contributed to demolishing the stand after the semi I agree but they didn't and the club couldn't and still can't afford to do it now.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Reesh said:

The FA should have contributed to demolishing the stand after the semi I agree but they didn't and the club couldn't and still can't afford to do it now.

Well there was no social media back then to prove it, but I certainly did discussing it with my Dad on the Sunday and with friends in the following days. I re-iterated that the first time I stepped back in the stadium, the blue tarpaulins draped over the fences. 

I won't soothsayer and claim I could see the future, it was more a gut reaction but one I totally stand by. 

15 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Rather than extending the South, extending the roof etc. That argument does not wash about affordability. The Club chose that path. Not those currently at the helm that now get the flak.

But do you go into King's Cross station these days and think fire. Would you go on a ferry and think Zeebrugge, maybe a bit.

The point is we having a live memorial to an event 35 years ago, that may even get a new law named after it. Nothing can change the past but whilst that stand is still basically as it was, the gripes will continue, the negative coverage will continue. Why can't we accept its a damn awful stand 

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

I remember reading that on Facebook, or was it twitter? 🙄

We have never had the money to build a new West stand unless we could have avoided doing work on South stand and Kop prior to Euro 96 and rebuilt West stand with that money and then left South stand as it were.

I don't know the full story of yesterday but I doubt the stand as it is now would affect how quick emergency services would attend to someone suddenly turning unwell. Any delay would have been down to communication between stewards and the first aid/paramedics that are present at games. 

6 minutes ago, bradowl said:

I remember reading that on Facebook, or was it twitter? 🙄

We have never had the money to build a new West stand unless we could have avoided doing work on South stand and Kop prior to Euro 96 and rebuilt West stand with that money and then left South stand as it were.

I don't know the full story of yesterday but I doubt the stand as it is now would affect how quick emergency services would attend to someone suddenly turning unwell. Any delay would have been down to communication between stewards and the first aid/paramedics that are present at games. 

So history is now dictated by whether it was on social media, that didn't exist at the time. Erm

So no I can't prove I did say it, but I did when conversations were not online but in places we call homes or the pub. 

But in the recorded conversations over the years I have consistently said this. The simple fact is that a decent result and performance, like v Newcastle could become overshadowed by an event in that stand. It doesn't really matter the facts to those that want to highlight it again, for another set of away fans to criticise, right or wrongly.

My point is that it sits on our shoulder consistently, waiting to be raised at the drop of a hat. 

Like I say the parochial fans we are defend it, do the whataboutery about Loftus Road, Pride Park etc. Why not accept that end is a shithole that is not fit for purpose 

34 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Rather than extending the South, extending the roof etc. That argument does not wash about affordability. The Club chose that path. Not those currently at the helm that now get the flak.

But do you go into King's Cross station these days and think fire. Would you go on a ferry and think Zeebrugge, maybe a bit.

The point is we having a live memorial to an event 35 years ago, that may even get a new law named after it. Nothing can change the past but whilst that stand is still basically as it was, the gripes will continue, the negative coverage will continue. Why can't we accept its a damn awful stand 

Didn't we take the charterhouse money and get grants to fund the rebuild of the South which was in poor condition compared to the west 

48 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Well there was no social media back then to prove it, but I certainly did discussing it with my Dad on the Sunday and with friends in the following days. I re-iterated that the first time I stepped back in the stadium, the blue tarpaulins draped over the fences. 

I won't soothsayer and claim I could see the future, it was more a gut reaction but one I totally stand by. 

On 16/04/89 everyone was still in shock and no one had a clue about what actually had occured so I stand by my assertion that you didn't say it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Reesh said:

That's on the paramedics if true but is it true or is it supposition and if there is any investigation I'd rather we didnt post rumours regarding this on here.

Just spoken with my parents who were talking to some WBA fans on the team after the game, they couldn't praise the stewards highly enough as they did everything they could to save this person's life.

I fall out with carrying on the game, this is somebody's life on the line here, stop the bloody game, it's just football.

I know if that was one of my family, football would be the last thing on my mind.

Stupid & disrespectful rule if true that officials have been told to carry on.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Reesh said:

On 16/04/89 everyone was still in shock and no one had a clue about what actually had occured so I stand by my assertion that you didn't say it

Well I stand by mine as I was actually there. 

• Like 1

Just now, Reesh said:

It's a new thing though isn't it, most times in the past before the last few years the game carried on, the medics and staff did their work and no one paid much attention 

I mean life does go on but I appreciate sensitivities change in this regard. It was getting to the stage where it was being stopped for the sake of it being stopped. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, owl4ever1867 said:

Just spoken with my parents who were talking to some WBA fans on the team after the game, they couldn't praise the stewards highly enough as they did everything they could to save this person's life.

I fall out with carrying on the game, this is somebody's life on the line here, stop the bloody game, it's just football.

I know if that was one of my family, football would be the last thing on my mind.

Stupid & disrespectful rule if true that officials have been told to carry on.

Re. that last bit: I definitely remember hearing in a non-Wednesday game, presumably therefore on T.V., that refs  were now supposed to carry on rather than stop the game when health crises occurred to individuals during play at matches.  This was not very recent so presumably last season.  

5 minutes ago, Reesh said:

You can't remember what you had for tea yesterday never mind a comment a comment 36 years ago.

Curry and rice, naan and 2 poppadoms. Not bad even if the curry sauce was from a jar.

The point is I have always had that view, from the immediate aftermath to today. That I am sure about 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, mkowl said:

I'm with Reesh on this one, I don't believe you said that either unless you have documentary evidence or a witness that would be willing to testify.

As for our safety being compromised, well that was a regular occurrence and you fell into the trap of judging standards of yesteryear by todays. Considering we have all seater stadia these days due to the authorities thinking it's safer it could be argued the standing of yesteryear was unsafe. Yet I remember doing just that all over the country.

I agree with the stands an eyesore comment and I'd love it if we should knock it down and build new but we can't at the moment but what we can do is manage the risk. Risk = Possibility x  Consequence, the possibility can be reduced by limiting the amount of people allowed into that end which I'm sure happens between the club and SAG. To be honest, it always seemed to me that it was just thrown up to suit a purpose that stand and never really fit with the rest of the ground. I've only been in it twice, once in the lower tier around 1970 IIRC when Man City relegated us and Bowyer wasn't told the game plan, and once in the upper when Her Majesty The Queen came to open the Kop I think.

On that fateful day in 1989 there was way too many people in that end, for whatever reason, you just have to look at the pics to realise that and of course the fact that some bright spark thought it a good idea to fence people in, these are failures of management, hardly the stands fault. 

I don't know the circumstances of the response time for that person who passed away yesterday so I'm averse to comment except for the fact that the stand wouldn't be the cause if there was a prolonged response.

So you've hijacked the thread to have another pop about the disaster, you're coming across as a foaming at the mouth Daily Mail reporter. Give it a rest, we aren't short of critics.

NB-Don't bite, a good bit of the above is tongue in cheek. Not all of it mind.

1 hour ago, Harry Lime said:

I'm with Reesh on this one, I don't believe you said that either unless you have documentary evidence or a witness that would be willing to testify.

As for our safety being compromised, well that was a regular occurrence and you fell into the trap of judging standards of yesteryear by todays. Considering we have all seater stadia these days due to the authorities thinking it's safer it could be argued the standing of yesteryear was unsafe. Yet I remember doing just that all over the country.

I agree with the stands an eyesore comment and I'd love it if we should knock it down and build new but we can't at the moment but what we can do is manage the risk. Risk = Possibility x  Consequence, the possibility can be reduced by limiting the amount of people allowed into that end which I'm sure happens between the club and SAG. To be honest, it always seemed to me that it was just thrown up to suit a purpose that stand and never really fit with the rest of the ground. I've only been in it twice, once in the lower tier around 1970 IIRC when Man City relegated us and Bowyer wasn't told the game plan, and once in the upper when Her Majesty The Queen came to open the Kop I think.

On that fateful day in 1989 there was way too many people in that end, for whatever reason, you just have to look at the pics to realise that and of course the fact that some bright spark thought it a good idea to fence people in, these are failures of management, hardly the stands fault. 

I don't know the circumstances of the response time for that person who passed away yesterday so I'm averse to comment except for the fact that the stand wouldn't be the cause if there was a prolonged response.

So you've hijacked the thread to have another pop about the disaster, you're coming across as a foaming at the mouth Daily Mail reporter. Give it a rest, we aren't short of critics.

NB-Don't bite, a good bit of the above is tongue in cheek. Not all of it mind.

Well Harry if you want to call me a liar that is fair enough. 

I am afraid my key witness passed away about 3.5 years ago, so sorry I can't give you the requisite proof of evidence from a witness.

Perhaps we can go on the balance of probabilities like the FA, if it's OK I will give my own evidence from my memory a bit of weight.

I think most on here would have seen my posts on here about the disaster over the years. And conclude they have been fair and reasonable, indeed the one about the butterfly effect that day creating a perfect storm was probably one of the best posts I have written. 

To re-iterate it is a long held view of mine that the West Stand should have been demolished straight away. Now it stands as a metaphorical albatross circling above us. 

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Well Harry if you want to call me a liar that is fair enough. 

I am afraid my key witness passed away about 3.5 years ago, so sorry I can't give you the requisite proof of evidence from a witness.

Perhaps we can go on the balance of probabilities like the FA, if it's OK I will give my own evidence from my memory a bit of weight.

I think most on here would have seen my posts on here about the disaster over the years. And conclude they have been fair and reasonable, indeed the one about the butterfly effect that day creating a perfect storm was probably one of the best posts I have written. 

To re-iterate it is a long held view of mine that the West Stand should have been demolished straight away. Now it stands as a metaphorical albatross circling above us. 

No way would I call you a liar, I'm just not like that and for what it's worth I don't think you are anyway. I have a feeling you started calling for the stand to be knocked down when it became de rigueur to think like that and over the years you've convinced yourself you said it the day after the event. As the late Queen might say, recollections may vary.

As for the "metaphorical albatross circling above us." Don't be an old drama queen, it doesn't suit you.

Sorry to learn about your key witness BTW. May they RIP.