Will we Baggie all three points back at home?

23 minutes ago, Reesh said:

He had it in his bio FFS.

Im in a position where I can pretty much dip in and out of here all day, but apart from an anonymous X account that I hardly use, I have zero social media presence and have always avoided being on employment websites / LinkedIn etc simply because of things like this since the outrageous laws were enacted.

Nobody has the right not to be offended.

Edited by Andyben
  • Like 1

Nobody wins about of this, especially the poor bloke that died and his family.

I agree with MK why should we not embrace a review by the club or whomever if it means we can learn from what happened.

However, it seems to me from what I’ve read it’s the ref that can decide to stop the game if there isn’t a clear danger to all the people in the stadium, eg a fire, a bomb alert etc.

As for the medical response, let’s wait and see but unfortunately people can’t help speculating. 
I’ll bet there are plenty that will have their own examples and stories of having to wait a long time for medics, ambulances etc, which I suspect will aggravate a portion of our supporters 

Nobody wins about of this, especially the poor bloke that died and his family.

I agree with MK why should we not embrace a review by the club or whomever if it means we can learn from what happened.

However, it seems to me from what I’ve read it’s the ref that can decide to stop the game if there isn’t a clear danger to all the people in the stadium, eg a fire, a bomb alert etc.

As for the medical response, let’s wait and see but unfortunately people can’t help speculating. 
I’ll bet there are plenty that will have their own examples and stories of having to wait a long time for medics, ambulances etc, which I suspect will aggravate a portion of our supporters 

26 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

It’s ironic really.We’ve probably all read about or seen on the news in recent years about poor response times of ambulances,even for people suffering a cardiac arrest.

If you’re unfortunate to have a heart attack your best chance of surviving one could well be a football ground where trained medics are available.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, fOWLmouth said:

It’s ironic really.We’ve probably all read about or seen on the news in recent years about poor response times of ambulances,even for people suffering a cardiac arrest.

If you’re unfortunate to have a heart attack your best chance of surviving one could well be a football ground where trained medics are available.

Very true - i guess people have seen medics and club staff running over in about a minute, games getting stopped so that becomes the expectation. 

But I also know that the paramedics dealing with the crowd are as likely to be student ones working on "the bank" - so effectively for entities that support events. When my daughter was training as a nurse she could have done similar at Uni fresher nights, live music events. Like the St John's Ambulance really

So they are trained but not necessarily that experienced and certainly not the ones you see on TV doing open heart surgery on the side the road 

1 hour ago, Andyben said:

Im in a position where I can pretty much dip in and out of here all day, but apart from an anonymous X account that I hardly use, I have zero social media presence and have always avoided being on employment websites / LinkedIn etc simply because of things like this since the outrageous laws were enacted.

Nobody has the right not to be offended.

There is a demarcation between using social media for the positive reasons eg on Facebook I use to keep in touch with old school mates, family, local history or photography of places I visit. X is the one where it's easier to go too far, mainly re politics the skill is to stop, read the intended tweet again before hitting send or just delete. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mkowl said:

There is a demarcation between using social media for the positive reasons eg on Facebook I use to keep in touch with old school mates, family, local history or photography of places I visit. X is the one where it's easier to go too far, mainly re politics the skill is to stop, read the intended tweet again before hitting send or just delete. 

Or just think fuck the consequences 

9 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Or just think fuck the consequences 

Perhaps but given the ICAEW disciplinary pages have had a couple of cases relating to social media posts then for some of us the consequences could fuck me financially and a few others 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Perhaps but given the ICAEW disciplinary pages have had a couple of cases relating to social media posts then for some of us the consequences could fuck me financially and a few others 

That's mental, the ICAEW I mean

7 minutes ago, mkowl said:

True though, see drink drivers getting another regulatory fine on top. Why I am nice to Kieran Maguire on X, well try and hide my insults ! 

He seems like he would grass.....the thick ****.

41 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Difficult with so may ***** around 

The expectation gap between what fans expect to happen and the latest EFL protocols don't help here.

A quick Google brings up a case of a fan at Orient sadly dying pitchside a couple of years back. The idea is the game should continue, the crowd medical teams deal with it, the club medical teams should not really unless they are closest. But the fans got the game stopped and the players refused to re-start

I mean it's not good to witness, I think I saw it on holiday once - CPR being performed, possibly at the side of the motorway another time. In those circumstances you go a bit - well yikes but you can get out the way. In a football stadium where do you go, it's limited really. 

1 minute ago, Andyben said:

Difficult with so may ***** around 

Sorry about that 😄

But X in particular is designed for quickfire comments, reactions. Easy to get sucked in, say too much and then not easy to edit, if at all. 

Fat fingers mean I have liked a tweet in error and for some public people that has bitten them on the arse.

But it's the ones that dish it out but run to Mummy's apron strings if you give it back. 

We often mention Stalk but I found I would get wound up, the pile on leading to overreacting and resorting to insults. 

I mean I worry about those who make comments the way they do, try to be edgy, whilst thinking the backlash goes OTT as well.

Ricky Gervais is spot on about the terminally offended on social media

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, mkowl said:

The expectation gap between what fans expect to happen and the latest EFL protocols don't help here.

A quick Google brings up a case of a fan at Orient sadly dying pitchside a couple of years back. The idea is the game should continue, the crowd medical teams deal with it, the club medical teams should not really unless they are closest. But the fans got the game stopped and the players refused to re-start

I mean it's not good to witness, I think I saw it on holiday once - CPR being performed, possibly at the side of the motorway another time. In those circumstances you go a bit - well yikes but you can get out the way. In a football stadium where do you go, it's limited really. 

If I was in the unfortunate position of needing treatment at a match I’d obviously want the medical staff to arrive quickly but I would not want everyone else staring at me.I’d much prefer the play to continue rather than people watching my potential demise like some kind of freak show.

• Like 1

The bloke was an idiot posting that sort of stuff on a non anonymous account with his employer in his bio.

Looking at past post he’d been sailing close to the wind.

Still - lost a job, a hobby and probably a suspended jail sentence / community service coming up. Pretty sure the whole family lives  as been turned upside down in space 48 hours.

Yes of course the same can be said about the WBA family - health issues occur every minute of the day and sadly this one occurred at a football match!

The idea it is SWFC fault and that stands fault is beyond me though - it’s pure emotion I guess from WBA fans. I am doing my best not to get too pissed off with these club attacks though! 

7 hours ago, EBRA said:

The idea it is SWFC fault and that stands fault is beyond me though - it’s pure emotion I guess from WBA fans. I am doing my best not to get too pissed off with these club attacks though! 

The point I am making is simply that whilst that stand exists, the attacks on the Club will keep on happening. Probably like you after 35 years of it being a dark cloud over our existence, I have had enough of it. 

Like many I live in dread of drawing Liverpool in a cup competition because there would be days of it, intense scrutiny, any minor issue extrapolated.

33 minutes ago, mkowl said:

The point I am making is simply that whilst that stand exists, the attacks on the Club will keep on happening. Probably like you after 35 years of it being a dark cloud over our existence, I have had enough of it. 

Like many I live in dread of drawing Liverpool in a cup competition because there would be days of it, intense scrutiny, any minor issue extrapolated.

Played them 11 times I think after the disaster ? Really should not be a big issue  - but it will be.

Edited by EBRA
  • Like 1

Anyone see that video on X of that bloke ranting in his van about any fans of clubs still to visit S6 should boycott games?

Well, he’s apologised for his post….Apologised to the family of the person that tragically lost his life and to any Owls’ fans he may have upset. 

1 minute ago, HoylandOwl said:

Anyone see that video on X of that bloke ranting in his van about any fans of clubs still to visit S6 should boycott games?

Well, he’s apologised for his post….Apologised to the family of the person that tragically lost his life and to any Owls’ fans he may have upset. 

Goof - he was out of order 

3 minutes ago, EBRA said:

Played them 11 times I think after the disaster ? Really should not be a big issue  - but it will be.

Time is not a great healer in that regard. Too much water under the bridge, the narrative of that day firmly established beyond just a football match eg an Hillsborough Law and the next generations just see that and jump on the bandwagon.

8 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

These characters are to a fashion no better than our nutjob. None of it as respect to the person who died. 

Today's Doncaster Free Press reporting that a Doncaster Rovers fan has been given a lifetime ban for making derogatory comments about the Bradford City fire.  Police also investigating.

Apparently he has form for his hatred towards Bradford and once attended a game between the two clubs dressed in a burka.

What the fuck is up with people?

22 hours ago, Andyben said:

His surnames Crisp....

Yep, been sacked from work booted out of golf club (I know! Tossers sport) Vialli says he’s been nicked and charged.

plus life time ban. 
fuck me thought I could do a life implosion in one night! 

There's rivalry and there's rivalry.

Remember when those two lads were killed on the way back from Coventry?

Next game was home to the pigs. The two minute's silence was impeccably observed by both sets of fans. Even Colin remarked how eerily silent it was in a full stadium.

Once the two minute's were over, the normal football related hatred commenced. 

3 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Social media 'outrage', judge and jury. Credit for apology though.

17 hours ago, Skamp said:

Until Wates put out a statement, did anyone know he worked at Wates?

Lots of posts on Twitter over the weekend tagging in Wates hence the statement I would imagine. 

Strange behaviour from the individual as looking back at tweets sure he had put condolences for the loss then obviously had another beer and changed tact who two or three dodge tweets.

3 hours ago, Skamp said:

There's rivalry and there's rivalry.

Remember when those two lads were killed on the way back from Coventry?

Next game was home to the pigs. The two minute's silence was impeccably observed by both sets of fans. Even Colin remarked how eerily silent it was in a full stadium.

Once the two minute's were over, the normal football related hatred commenced. 

Can we go after those Watford fans now?

12 hours ago, EBRA said:

The bloke was an idiot posting that sort of stuff on a non anonymous account with his employer in his bio.

Looking at past post he’d been sailing close to the wind.

Still - lost a job, a hobby and probably a suspended jail sentence / community service coming up. Pretty sure the whole family lives  as been turned upside down in space 48 hours.

Yes of course the same can be said about the WBA family - health issues occur every minute of the day and sadly this one occurred at a football match!

Could easily happen at Meadowhall, or at a Gig or Festival or in my Mums case a Coffee Shop.   Definitely a lot of luck on who is available close by and their expertise coupled with Ambulance response times.  The survival rate from a Cardiac Arrest as opposed to a Heart Attack are chillingly low. 

My Mum survived her 'episode' due to an ex Nurse being in the Coffee Shop who did CPR straight away otherwise the outcome would have been different - Paramedics were 20 mins away and no defib in the area. 

I cannot see what halting the match really achieves unless there are issues of reaching the persons location.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

I cannot see what halting the match really achieves unless there are issues of reaching the persons location.

I suppose the argument is that it's disrespectful playing on as a man lays dying. I imagine the coffee shop stopped serving coffees whilst the CPR was being administered to your mum.

Not saying I agree with stopping the game but I understand the argument 

16 minutes ago, Skamp said:

I suppose the argument is that it's disrespectful playing on as a man lays dying. I imagine the coffee shop stopped serving coffees whilst the CPR was being administered to your mum.

I’d rather have some dignity by way of as much privacy as possible,something I alluded to earlier.If people are watching the game, they aren’t staring at someone potentially dying.

30 minutes ago, Skamp said:

He's only dying if he eventually dies.

Why would it be disrespectful?